NEXT STEP

Full Discography Not Showing When Zoomed Out

Full Discography Not Showing When Zoomed Out

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Desktop version has the option to "zoom out" I have mine zoomed out 3 steps (max I believe), clicking the discography of an artist will only show 25 albums, if you're using the regular view scrolling down will load more albums but when you're zoomed out this does not work.

spotify.jpg
10 Replies

Hi there @flussdh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

What happens if you click on the discography?

It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I already provided a screenshot of what happens when I click on the discography.  This is when clicking on the David Bowie discography zoomed out at max steps, 25 albums show and nothing more, scrolling is not possible, it does not load in more albums. Same bug appears 2 steps zoomed out and even 1 step zoomed out, you have to be at the default view for more albums to load in. Zoom settings have to be changed before you go into the discography page, if you enter it with default view and then zoom out it appears to function as it should and will load in all albums. 

as you can see, zoomed out stops at Heathen, default one loads in more as I scroll.

discography.jpg
discography 2.jpg

Hey @flussdh

Thanks for getting back to us. 

It's a good idea to start with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will clean up corrupted data that might be causing the issue and get you the latest app version. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check the hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

Did a clean reinstall and it didn't fix it. I'm sure you could verify this as a bug if you just test it yourself. Zoom out the view the max amount of steps, go to the David Bowie page or any artist with more than 25 albums and view the discography.

Already tested this on another computer and it had the same issue. Fairly certain that this isn't on my end. The same issue even occurs in your web player if you have the browser zoomed out.

Hey @flussdh

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We tried reproducing the issue on our end, but zooming in and out doesn't prevent the page from displaying all David Bowie albums properly. 

Would you mind providing us with some more details about the issue? This will help us take a closer look. If you notice this when using the desktop app, let us know the exact make and model of your device, the OS version installed on it, as well as the exact Spotify version that you're running.

In case this occurs with the web player as well, let us know what kind of web browser you use for playing Spotify.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Me too! Tested this like flussdh said, and Spotify show only 25 albums when in full zoom -.  First view any other than you going to search, with full zoom --. Search artist with many albums.. David Bowie, Bob Dylan etc. Only 25 will show.  Ivan: Zooming back and forth - + + - - it is NOT a solution. Also re-install, change ISP..  NOT a solution without new compiled exe / update.  I have noticed also another issue related to zoom level, but that is an another story.

Hey @Blueberry

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

If you noticed that you experience the same issue, let us know some more about it. Send us the exact make and model of your device, the OS version installed on it, as well as the exact Spotify version running on the device. 

In case you observe this on the web player as well, let us know what kind of web browser you're using. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day!  

It's such an easy bug to reproduce, can't you just test it yourselves and verify that it is indeed a bug that needs to be fixed? The browser I tested this in was Chrome, tested in regular window and incognito. 

How did you perform this test? Did you enter the full discography at default zoom and then zoom out? Because as I've said that does not produce this bug. You have to be zoomed out before you click the discography, then you will see a maximum of 25 albums. 

Also what view did you use when attempting to reproduce it? As I'm sure you would have seen in my photo I used the album art only view, using full tracklist view at any zoom level will properly load in all albums. But again if you enter full discography with album view zoomed out only 25 will load, switching to tracklist view and back will result in all albums loading in.

I did the test in Chrome, regular window and incognito. 
Desktop version: 1.1.62.583.gdac868ed-a

Hey @flussdh

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for the confusion. 

We've tested this one more time and we were able to replicate it, so we've forwarded this to the teams in charge. They will take a deeper look into what might be causing this behavior. 

We'll get back to you as soon as we have more info on this. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts