Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Good Afternoon,

For the past year or so I have been encountering an issue that results in GUI failure. Recently I saw a post on reddit about people finding fixes to issues and not posting them so here I am to post. 

While having Spotify open and in intermediate use over the span of 6 hours or so I will occasionally experience an issue where I receive the "something went wrong, try reloading the page" error or, just the "something went wrong" error. It may, or may not be important to note that while the GUI is open on desktop I will also use my account on either of my phones, sometimes to include using android auto. 

The problem child. 

In my search for a solution I defaulted to Resource Monitor and struck gold. I quickly found a Mutant in the Spotify.exe image, who's Handle Name is \Sessions\7\BaseNamedObjects\SpotifyProcessMutex . Upon ending the process tree out of the CPU the GUI will crash. But when you relaunch the GUI you no longer experience error messages and it works as designed. [How to: windowskey (type) resource monitor, (click the CPU tab at the top), (locate the "Associated Handles" subsection), (type "Spotify" into the search bar), (scroll {most likely to the bottom} and locate "Spotify,exe         2204          Mutant", (right click, and then left click the "End Process", relaunch Spotify]

Hopefully this is helpful to someone else, happy listening. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @spurgus,

Thanks for your post and for sharing this workaround with the Community.

It will be helpful for other users experiencing similar issues.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @spurgus,

Thanks for your post and for sharing this workaround with the Community.

It will be helpful for other users experiencing similar issues.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts