Getting Ads in a Premium subscription

Premium

FRANCE

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Android

Hi !

It's been a long since i'm a premium user and i dont know if its recently but im getting Ads.

Are we not supposed to be ads free when we are premium ?

it's really annoying considering that you pay for a service and you still have many ads by being "Premium" or whatever promo for a random things.

It really make me think to unsubscribe to premium.

Best,

3 Replies

Hey there @Sbtien,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

You should not hear that as a Premium user.

Can you log out and then log back in to your account?

It can also be good to make sure that you don't have multiple account. You can see how you find that out here.

Does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem with "Spotify Ads" appearing when I listen to podcasts. At the moment I am getting promos crashing into my podcast for the Spotify Original podcast "The inspired Unemployed" This is very clearly an Ad.

I would hope this is an oversight and will be dealt with, or I would expect my premium fee to be refunded.

to be clear this is happening on all my platforms ( android, PC, iMac, smart TV & streaming speaker) I have been a Spotify Premium member for more than 5 years but this is something that has only occurred in the last couple of months.

I look forward to your response.

Cheers

Hi @17Waratah,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

While Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt your music, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Spotify gives the podcast creators this option, so in this case it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content. You can find more info on this here

Hope this clears things up. We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts