Need help? Check out our FAQs for solutions to a wide range of topics.
My Question or Issue
My brother and I are testing out the Group Session feature. I've been hoping for this feature in a streaming service for like a decade, so I'm excited!
However, using a desktop client seems to break it.
1. My brother and I join a group session via our phones and play song A
2. My brother opens his desktop client, goes to the "devices" menu, and clicks "listen on this device"
3. My brother starts to play song B on his desktop client
- We both hear song B
- My phone continues to play song A
- At a random time (apparently when song A ends in the group session), my brother's desktop client stops playing song B, and starts playing the next song in the group session.
Seems like the desktop client is still being controlled by the group session, but the group session isn't responding to control inputs from the desktop client.
It seems like group sessions only work if everyone uses their phones exclusively the whole time, which means we can't really use the feature, though we really want to.