Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP - Can't Open/Install Apps With Spotify

Solved!

HELP - Can't Open/Install Apps With Spotify

Hi there. 

My computer is running on Windows 7 x64.

My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I click on "Open In Spotify" my sporitfy player pops up and shows me the following error message:

"There was a problem displaying this view! - This view either does not exist or an error occured."

Of course I also tried all the other apps. Same problem.

So for now I am unable to implement any app.

So does anyone have an idea how I could fix this to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Below you'll see the error massage I've been given.

Error.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

You are no longer able to use apps as of version 1.0. This means that you aren't able to install musiXmatch or TuneWiki. There was a lyrics button in the latest beta, this one got removed a few days later. I guess that button should return very soon.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Update: Now I tried the beta version of the desktop player. But still the same. 

When I click on this...

Click.jpg

Then I'll get this:

Error.jpg

Any solutions? I beg anyone to please help me out!

Marked as solution

Hi there,

You are no longer able to use apps as of version 1.0. This means that you aren't able to install musiXmatch or TuneWiki. There was a lyrics button in the latest beta, this one got removed a few days later. I guess that button should return very soon.

Last.fm | Twitter

First of all: Thank you very much for your reply. It is nice to have this question answerd finally. Although the answer isn't a nice one at all. 😉

Why did they remove that feature? Plug-ins and apps are a nice-to-have thing, so I don't see any reason for that...

Apps are very nice, I miss them too.

You can read more about why they removed the apps at this page:

https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/apps/

Last.fm | Twitter

Ahr dammit, I should've made an last,fm account earlier. I'm sure that many on that page will think that I'm new to the stream-online-music world -.- (which I'm not at all).

If you are referring to the old Last.fm for Spotify app and/or the new Last.fm beta site integrating Spotify in similar and improved ways, you can import your local file library from your media player (iTunes, WMP, Winamp, foobar) with a new account. That way you would add many artists and plays = scrobbles to your new profile in one go.

Unfortunately this does not work with the Spotify desktop client, as it does not save a listening history on your computer in XML format which the Last.fm scrobbler could read during installation. Adding many artists quickly does work with this Last.fm Welcome page though where you can directly add similar artists to your favorite ones.

Another option of dragging & dropping your playlists from Spotify or elsewhere to Last.fm is offered on Soundiiz, but Last.fm playlists have a maximum number of 200 tracks, so this is only useful for smaller playlists.

Last but not least there is Universal Scrobbler, another online tool which allows manual bulk scrobbling with the new version now. You would have to pay $5 once if you want to scrobble more than 20 tracks per day or use its old version without bulk scrobbling.

Suggested posts