Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home Page stuck

Home Page stuck

Plan

Premium

Country

Croatia

Device

Windows 10 PC, Samsung Galaxy 21+ (Android)

Operating System

Android 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Good Afternoon section of Home Page on my profile does not update. This is the same on PC and mobile phone (see screenshot).

Those three items are glued to the home page for weeks now. There is no way to remove or replace them with something else. One of them is only result of one search. I actually never listen to it. 

In the meantime I've reinstalled the app on my mobile phone, but nothing changed.

Screenshot_1.png
11 Replies

Hi there @mbenak,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

The content showing in that section of your Home screen should update as you use the app and listen to different content. You can try logging out, restarting your devices, and logging back in.

If it persists, try restarting the app twice in a row to force a sync with the servers and your devices.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi!

I tried everything you suggested. No, it didn't work. Not on PC nor on
Android phone.

Nothing changed.

Please help me solve this.

Hi again @mbenak,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

In this case, we suggest to keep listening to your favorite content and playlists so that section is updated eventually, since we're afraid it isn't possible to manually modify it.

If you need anything else, the the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Hi!

Thank you for the response, but this is not what I wanted to hear 😞
I don't think that this will update any time soon, because the problem exists for weeks and I listen to Spotify daily.

This is a bug in your software.
So please report it for fixing, or ask for implementation of the feature which would enable users to update home page manually.

I like Spotify, but bugs and answers like this ruin the user experience and Spotify's reputation.

Hey @mbenak,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We suggest adding your vote to this idea about being able to customize your Home screen.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, and we'll make sure to forward it to the right folks, as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to the Community again.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Hello from the future. I'm having this same issue for months and just discovered a way to update it. I'm using the browser version on open.spotify.com and it's finaly updating this sectior

I am having this issue, for 3 months now. Why is it still Christmas music when I listen daily. It is a bug still and you need to fix it. None of the above has worked.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 2.39.42 PM.png

I have the same issue. I haven't listened to the "Rock Classics" playlist in months. Despite this, it won't disappear from my home screen. I've tried using the "exclude from taste profile" option, but it doesn't seem to be working. Blocking the author did not help as well. I listen to other music for several hours everyday (and it's not even rock music). But this particular playlist just won't go away. 

Home screen got updated with music I listened to but after 15 minutes of not using the app... here we go again 😪 The excluded playlist came back like a boomerang. It is really annoying. 

Using the browser version worked for me. It still won't update by itself otherwise but at least I can load up some frequently played playlists.

There is an artist I hate and that it's actually marked as "do not play" that I have to see every damn time on the home page. Come on!

Suggested posts