Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How To Change Destination Folder For Saved Music?

Solved!

How To Change Destination Folder For Saved Music?

Hi there!

Well, at first I'd like to know where spotify stores those songs I made I saved / chose to be available in offline mode. Well, I might have overdone it a bit with saving music. So now my hard disk is full. So now I deleted all songs from the "your music" section. But my hard disk is still full. Now I'd like to delete all the files but I don't know where spotify put them.

In addidtion I'd like to change the destination folder as I want the music to be saved on my external drive which has way more space.

PS: I'm using the 0.9er version.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you go into "edit>preferences>cache" you should see the current cache location, and you can change this to a different folder.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

If you go into "edit>preferences>cache" you should see the current cache location, and you can change this to a different folder.

dinomightSpotify Star

Ah great. Thanks!

Seems I was quite blind when I searched in preferences... ^^

No problem, had to research that one a little myself...I actually wasn't sure it was even possible when you asked. Happy to help!

dinomightSpotify Star

i can't find any cache setting in edit - preferences using Windows Desktop Client Version 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53

how to change it when?

SOME HERE, WHERE IS CACHE FOLDER OPTIONS?! LATEST S H I T IFY VERSION SUCKS!

:@

same here...offline saving path change option is gone 😞

What is the default path now anyway? I'm not seeing any folder size changes under App Data ==> Spotify, so where is it saving the offline files to??

Suggested posts