How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

Solved!

Re: How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

drstevens
Gig Goer

Again, is it better to have the new daily mixes on the phone now, or not have them until support is added to all Spotify clients, including smart TVs, roku, etc?

Businesses which function like you are suggesting, large or small, fail.

cturtle41
Music Fan

Then why do we see so many other features rolled out simultaneously on multiple platforms by so many other companies? It's really not as uncommon as you seem to think to have new features available to everyone at once. I understand it's cheaper for Spotify to do it this way, but we're not paying to have them do things the cheapest way if it means having a lower quality of service. They have the money and the manpower to develop this on all platforms at once. There's just no excuse to roll it out on one at a time.

Spotify works for us, not the other way around. We're the ones who allow this company to exist by giving them our money, and as much as I enjoy seeing them succeed, I still expect to be given the best level of service for my money. Doing things this way isn't in the customers' best interest. Take my money, but don't put the bare minimum back into the company.

TakeTheTicket
Regular
Exactly. I wasn't really getting bent out of shape over one feature. It's the way Spotify treats its users requests. They don't care what we explicitly want. They think they are geniuses who know what we want better than ourselves. I don't pay for Spotify to be an unfinished experiment, I pay in the hopes of getting what I want.

Music artists hate you. Musixmatch hates you. Your CRO hated you so bad that he left. No one wants to take you public because you are overvalued and your business model's sustainability is questionable. Whats left to keep inflating your ego? Your subscriber count? Not for long. Give users what they want and stop getting in your own way.

olaorun67
Regular

Who knew this feature and it's lack of access on the desktop version of Spotify would spark such passionate and informed debate. If only we could....nevermind. But I am glad. 

user-removed
Not applicable

This is a pretty ridiculous notion. Spotify switched to a web-based platform a while ago, *exactly* to be able to develop crossplatform and dodge these issues. I really can't fathom why the keep the feature locked down while it's supposed to be a couple HTMLCSSJS tweaks at most. If it's more work than that the rewrite was essentially useless in the first place.

EnLoCC

Brilliant....Just brilliant

nausicaa115
Casual Listener

What I've also done is to select the mix on my phone but make sure that my pc is listed as the device.

user-removed
Not applicable
Yeah, sometimes really looks like the mobile team and the desktop team doesn't communicate. You get a really good option on mobile but when you want that on your computer you don't get it. A little silly, Spotify.

moisgobg

The answer below it's right, that feature only exists for Android and iOS, however you can play your selected ''Daily Mix'' playlist in your cell phone then select your PC in the ''Devices'' setting, so now you can listen it in your PC but controlled from your phone.

DAILY MIX.jpg
DAILY MIX 2.jpg

TakeTheTicket
Regular
There are Spotify users who pay the same monthly price as you and me, yet they only use a desktop or laptop. These users are paying the same yet getting less. Workarounds miss the point.
SUGGESTED POSTS