Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I reset personalization?

How do I reset personalization?

I've created a playlist of tunes that I like to hear...probably about half of them I brought over from my Pandora "likes".  The more I personalized Spotify radio (I primarily listen to the "alternative" radio station), the more it just plays the same stuff over and over.  Then I go back to Pandora where I've deleted all my likes and am getting fresh(er) stuff.  Without killing my Spotify playlist, how can I remove all the likes and personalization and possibly get something I've not heard before?  I'm really not interested or have time to root through scores of playlists.

Thanks!

3 Replies

I'm not sure if this will reset the personalization of your Spotify radio, but you can delete all your stations by hovering your cursor over them and hitting the X that appears in the top right corner. That might work?

What you could also do is drag and drop all the songs included in your "Liked from Radio" playlist into a new one, and then delete them all in the original playlist. That might work, too.

Thanks for the note.  Unfortunately, I use the standard Alternative radio station and haven't created my own.  Last week I did delete everything from the "Like From Radio" playlist.  They all ended up in "Songs" so I'm not sure if I need to make another mass change.  That said, even after both those changes and today adding in the last.fm thingy, I still haven't heard a song I haven't already heard before and it's been playing for ~3 hours.  

I'll try moving everything from "Songs" to another playlist.  I don't have high expectations for that!  Thanks, though.

Spoiler

Unfortunately if you are using one of the in-build stations I don't think you can "reset" it. As mentioned above the only way to make it completely forget radio preferences appears to be by deleting the station (when possible).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts