Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I sort playlists in the updated Spotify 2020?

How do I sort playlists in the updated Spotify 2020?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

How do I sort my playlists in the UPDATED Spotify desktop windows? The sort feature that used to be on top of the playlists are no longer there. I've searched everywhere for the answer but I either get at outdated answer or nothing at all. I also saw this website that's supposed to help you sort your playlists on Spotify (sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com) but it doesn't seem to stick. Do you have to have premium to use this website to sort your playlist?

It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't let you sort your playlists with just a click of a button anymore.....

33 Replies

This just started happening when my wife joined the family premium plan. After she accepted the invitation to join, her screen changed to a stripped down version. It looks like the free version of Spotify. No friends, the downloads don't stay downloaded, no way to listen offline. If she logs into my account the full version comes back. If I log in to her account on my desktop, I get the stripped down version. I have been in constant contact with the Spotify techs and currently have an open ticket on this.

They sent me a link to download a different player version, but that didn't work either. Maybe I'll try the link that was posted for an earlier version. At this point I have nothing to lose. If it keeps up, I'll cancel the family plan and go back to sharing my account.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

@Jkidless. Like I said earlier, uninstall your current Spotify version and install the older version of Spotify Windows with the link I sent earlier and you're good.  I did it to all my PCs and all are working well now.  Just remember to save this good working copy of Spotify so you can revert to it anytime Windows inadvertently updates the app again.  Thank me later.  Cheers! 

Thanks, I will try it tonight. Hopefully I'll be thanking you again!

John

Alextting, 

Thanks for your efforts on this. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the link you sent but it does not work on the family plan.

I need to wait for Spotify techs to get back to me. 

Thanks

John

I'm also on Family plan and it worked on me. There's no difference in the installation procedure. I don't see any reason why it should not work on your PC. Anyway if you need help in the downgrading procedure let me know.

I just got a response from Spotify tech. They cannot fix my issue at this time due to platform changes they are working on. They are refunding my account and will let me know when anything changes. I will go back to sharing my my premium account.

Thanks for your help.

Any update?

I'm on the premium Family plan, but my wife created it so I cant sort my playlists. This is insane!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

We're constantly running tests in order to improve the app and provide you with the best user experience. This is why some features of the app might be available for some users and not for others, or change over time.

If you would like to able to switch to the previous version of the desktop app, we recommend that you +VOTE and subscribe to the idea that @schreinereiner posted, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated with all new developments there, as soon as there are any.

In the meantime we'd like to point out the following workaround - you can drag and drop the playlists from the left-side bar to rearrange them in the order you'd like. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mihail,

I'm paying nearly $200/year for a music software that doesn't let me sort my playlists?  I am tired of Spotify's "new features" that keep removing basic functionality.

15 years ago I could display, organize, and enjoy my music exactly how I wanted with WinAmp or MusicBee.  It seems its time to test some trials of Tidal, Apple Music, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music Unlimited to see who actually lets their users control their music how they want.

Mihail - this is not at all the same situation and you're just pointing out more complaints from customers about your terrible service. I don't understand how a multi-billion dollar music company in 2020 doesn't have the ability to sort playlists (even alphabetically). Truly asinine that Spotify developers actively remove features. Please pass along to your boss and your boss' boss and your boss' boss' boss that**bleep** **bleep**ing sucks. Such a **bleep**ing joke of a company. I'm so glad I'm on a family plan and give you only $3 a month. Not even worth that at this point. I honestly can't wait for the day that I finally cave and decide to rebuild everything from scratch on a different service.

Jwilsonwsu, I still can't believe the problem still hasn't been fixed. It's been a while since I reported it. Seems it shouldn't be that difficult for Spotify techs to fix it. Good luck!

I think they've stopped support and are still taking our money

I don't believe them. This issue is years old now

Same issue here (switched from desktop to webapp) and sorting is gone, multiple selection is gone.

Feels really poor, sorry. 

Suggested posts