Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

Windows 10
Spotify app
Basically, after I download Spotify and log in, it will say 'error-dialog.generic.header', with 'error-dialog.generic.body' under it. There is also a green box saying 'fatal-error.generic-label' which I can click, but when I do click it, it just comes back to the same exact screen.
65 Replies

I had this same issue on 3 separate devices!  On 11/24, I was automatically logged out of my account on an HP desktop running Windows 10, a MacBook Air running Monterey 12.6.1, and an updated iPhone 11.  No matter what I tried, I couldn't log back in.  I clicked on the three dots, then File, but there was no online/offline option for me to select.

My original method of logging in was to click "Login with Facebook."  That didn't work on any device.  When I tried to reset my password on Spotify's website, I saw a message that indicated that they sent an email with a link to reset the password.  The email never arrived; I tried it multiple times and checked every inbox folder, including spam.

I used a simple workaround.  On my phone, I never saw the error message (only on my desktop and laptop), so I used my phone to create a new account with my Apple ID instead of Facebook.  That worked well enough to get me back into Spotify on each device.  Then, to recover my playlists, I searched for my previous username.  Since I had been sharing my playlists before, I was able to see all of them.  I opened each playlist one at a time and clicked on the heart, which added it to the library in my new account.  Now, I have all of the exact same playlists and don't have to recreate each of them.  

I am wondering, though, if I will lose these playlists when my old account is inactive for too long...

does anybody know to how to get rid of this

It still won't work for me, i can't even use the web browser spotify.

Same issue here. I bet this is the new "something went wrong error" 😄

Welcome to today's episode of "I pay 10 €/month to be a beta tester of a crappy piece of software that basically should just do what Windows Media Player did 25 years ago"

julbod6042's solution didn't work for me... any more advice? Or any Spotify developer that is gracious enough to release us all from our daily pain?

In my mac I just disabled the option (Hardware acceleration) and it worked. Just clicked on the menu Spotify > Hardware acceleration. Hope it works.

This did not work for me.  Any other suggestions?

I use Norton VPN to ensure I have a secure connection.  I turned that off and "voila", now Spotify app works just fine.  I would like feedback from Spotify as to why they are doing this???

turned off my VPN and it fixed the issue

I have the same problem but on my 2021 MacBook Pro 14 inch

Still broken Dec 2nd, 2022 

RangoRengo_0-1670025895998.png

JustBeni_0-1670044588772.png

still die today 😄

Try going to spotify settings and switch off offline mode.

I am not in offline mode

i fixed it by reinstalling and before logging in i went into settings and chose no proxy

Mine had the same problem... I tried the above solutions and they all not work ORZ

how to do this for MacBook?
plz tell 

In Mac OS(Mine 13.0.1)

1. Open Terminal (Use Spotlight, enter 'Terminal')

2. cd ~

3. cd Library/Application\ Support

4. open .

5. delete Spotify directory

6. Try to reopen Spotify Application and relogin

In Mac OS(Mine 13.0.1)

1. Open Terminal (Use Spotlight, enter 'Terminal')

2. cd ~

3. cd Library/Application\ Support

4. open .

5. delete Spotify directory

6. Try to reopen Spotify Application and relogin

I guess on Windows, you should also delete the personal directory of Spotify, and reload it.

is there any solution for mac?

to fix this error you have to go to Apps>apps and features then reset the app. this fixed it for me it should do the same for most people

Suggested posts