Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to go Offline on Desktop App?

Solved!

How to go Offline on Desktop App?

It's so easy to go Offline on the mobile phone. Just go to Your Library > Settings > Switch the Offline Mode to green. Done. On Desktop, it's not even like that. I have the musics downloaded. I go to Settings and there's no mention of an Offline Mode. On mobile, there's a section that says Playback and in that section are Offline Mode and Crossfade. On Desktop, it's only Crossfade. Where the heck is Offline Mode? Worst of all, when I turn my WiFi off my computer, I'm now listening to music Offline in the Spotify Desktop App. What the heck??? Why could I do that when I turn off my WiFi, yet not have a manual option to do so on the App? This doesn't make any sense and it's very frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Versatile97, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That option is available on the Desktop app as well. Just go to the Menu Bar, the … menu, inside the File section you will find Offline Mode. Just click it to enable that option and you should be good to go 🙂

Have a great day! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you open Songs menu from the left then Download switch appears on the right so you can download all the songs in your library.

The only reason why you were able to play music while WiFi was off is that the songs where already cached.

Marked as solution

Hey @Versatile97, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That option is available on the Desktop app as well. Just go to the Menu Bar, the … menu, inside the File section you will find Offline Mode. Just click it to enable that option and you should be good to go 🙂

Have a great day! 🙂

Suggested posts