How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Solved!
Elena

Hey folks!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on this to us here on the Community.

We'll be passing on your thoughts to the right team here and in the meantime we'd recommend keeping an eye on this idea to read more about this and for update!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on the desktop app of windows 10?

Regular

That's why  we have this community, because Spotify has no intention of fixing things or helping users, they want our money, but don't want to make the effort to do the things we ask for years! They just don't care anymore, or they're broke and short of personnel. 

Highlighted

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Regular
Well, I use mostly the movil version on tablets and cellphones (have several of each), but sometimes I use the PC version because I have two computers connected to a **bleep** of a great sound recording studio gear and it sounds so much better than any little speaker or headphones, no matter how good or expensive they are! I just want to be able to admin my playlists as I see fit, no matter in which of my devices I want to listen to my music. We're not dinosaurs. We're paying customers and deserve to be heard and our needs to be solved.
Highlighted

Regular

I guess I'm going D E E Z E R  next, they're giving away 3 free months of premium service. There's also Ap P Le music that I got for less than US$2.oo a month (student account) and Spotify is seriously lacking in several aspects of the service. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I agree with everyone that has previously said it can't really be an issue to add the possibility to sort playlists in the Desktop client as well (I am on MAC, but AFAIK, it's equally poor support for this in MAC).

So, how can we go about and do a petition for this support?

How about starting a thread on their FaceBook page?

Highlighted

Music Fan
hi JNyquist, you`re right! Enough of this fruitless questioning within the forum. Facebook should be a way to project the question outside the Spotify forum. The problem being not only the technical problem of a missing procedure to sort one`s playlists alphabetically on the desktop controller (Mac & PC),  but the fact that the technical teams of Spotify never react/help/solve with problems that have been going on unsolved for YEARS.

Unfortunately I do not have FaceBook. So, anybody willing to transfer this to FaceBook, is welcome.

Highlighted

This is kind of dumb they don't allow this.  

With that being said they have folders on desktop (do they have this on mobile? I haven't figured out how to do it if so). I'm just guessing but I think they probably want you to group playlists in folders instead of one big alphabetical list. If you were dragging playlists into a folder though, it's a lot easier to keep it alphabetically organized. 

With that being said.....it's still just bad playlist organization is this confusing after all this time that's gone by. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
With a hundred++ playlists one is most likely avoiding having to go through the manual folder creation.
Highlighted

Music Fan
That's not a reason yet to migrate to another music streaming service, after all, you can use android or iPad/iPhone mobile gear as music controllers, where playlists can be switched to automatic alphabetic order. The procedure to achieve this is described in various internet sites and in Spotify itself: > Your Library > Playlists > Filters > Name.
Highlighted

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop

Regular
And that works well on the iPhone but it can’t be implemented on a Windows
desktop. Since my speakers are hardwired to the desktop this is a problem.
--
Sent from My IPhone. Please excuse any typos as well as the brevity of this

Casual Listener
I don't think there is any way of starting a thread or post for suggestions/issues on their Facebook page, I just checked. I'm not too sure how we could project this to another source that would actually gain support and get their attention. They sure don't make it easy.
SUGGESTED POSTS