How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Solved!
Elena

Hey folks!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on this to us here on the Community.

We'll be passing on your thoughts to the right team here and in the meantime we'd recommend keeping an eye on this idea to read more about this and for update!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

For the love of all that is holy, Spotify, WE NEED OUR PLAYLISTS ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY!  We have to use desktop version b/c it is easier to place playlists into folders and organize our stuff!!! Get this fixed PLEASE!

Highlighted

Music Fan
Manually creating folders to manually save your playlists is what Spotify suggests and it is actually possible. That`s what we don`t want, especially if you have a hundred++ playlists.

We rather want an automatic ordering playlists alphabetically and that`s what Spotify has not been providing for the last xx years.

In the meantime use your tablets and phones (Android and Apple) as a controller and there you can switch to alphabetical order.
And mention the problem in twitter or FaceBook. I can`t do it myself, as I refuse to use either one.
Highlighted

Visitor

This is really bad. The programmers must really be STUPID. 

Version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 has an option to sort.

Version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3-a is a complete jumble.

I am going to see if I can remove Version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3-a from my PC and install my daughters Version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

It looks to me like these guys must have a high programming staff turnover and F....all version control or documentation. That is the only reason why their programming is so poor and haphazard. These are easy issues to fix if you have basic version control.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It's one thing that they do not bring new features like this basic sort thing. 

I even want to say that this desktop app is getting less and less functionalities as the years goes by. 

It's been 10 years that I'm a paying user. And I've never seen a new feature, never.

It's even worse, they are removing stuff...

A few examples : - There was an integrated similar "appstore" where one could install plugin developped by the community. 

- There was a messaging system where one could send a message or a song to a spotify friend inside the app. Imagine that if I want to share one title with a spotify friend I now have to pick up my phone, open the mobile app, look for the title and send it thought Whatsapp !!!

Anyway, all this to say that this desktop is getting towards less and less and not more and more. So just forget about sorting your playlists anytime soon... (I don't even talk about tracks that change IDs, and then your playlists becomes empty...)

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Spotify's UI is not great at all. It seems that they don't take user feedback seriously enough to make simple and important changes to be made. I'm trying out Apple Music.
Highlighted

Visitor

I'm a user experience designer and the answer provided by Spotify is NOT a true solution to the users's problem. I hate hate hate hate that my playlists are in a random order and it makes adding songs a tedious nightmare of scanning an entire list for the one thing I'm looking for. I don't think this reply should even be marked as a proper solution. Fix your product, Spotify. This us UX 101. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Sorting manually is a poor solution for those of us with >100 playlists. As a new subscriber who imported my playlists from another service, I'm disappointed to see them all out of order. Please implement playlist sorting.

Highlighted

Regular

Are you kidding me? this is the solution?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
THIS WAS NOT SOLVED AT ALL!

To sort it in the desktop version:
1. Go to your playlist page.
2. If you want to sort the playlist alphabetically by title, click on "Title" above the list. Whether it's in an ascending or descending order, click it again until you got what you want.
3. if you want to sort the playlist by artist, click on artists and do the same thing that you did on sorting it by title.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If you need to sort it by title, just click on "Title" above the lists of songs on your playlist page. Whether it's in an ascending or descending order,  click until you get  the preferred order. For sorting by artist, click "Artist" and do the same thing as you did in sorting by title. Spotify didn't missed this out. The desktop UI is not just "THAT" intuitive and the UI designers should take note of this. 

1.PNG
SUGGESTED POSTS