Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't hide played podcasts

Solved!

I can't hide played podcasts

Plan

Spotify Premium Duo

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Laptop Dell Inspiron 7786

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

With the latest update (Apr. 2021), I can sort podcasts only by date and length (interested feature!). But I miss/can't find how to hide played podcasts. I hope that I can't find and not that this is not implemented 😢

This is it! Hope that this can be fixed.

Cheers, Marko

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DiCaver,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Currently the feature to filter unplayed episodes  is available only on mobile devices.  If you'd like to see this functionality extended onto the desktop app, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @DiCaver,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Currently the feature to filter unplayed episodes  is available only on mobile devices.  If you'd like to see this functionality extended onto the desktop app, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This function existed on Mac/Desktop. 

Why has it been removed with the update?

I'm not spending time each day sorting through stuff I have already played.

Please sort this out or I am leaving SP.

Hi @Dano2k,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We suggest that you head over to the idea that @Mihail mentioned. You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

this is not a solution you **bleep**ing ninny.

The problem is that most users don't look or care but those of us who use the apps more fully do. The hide played episodes was essential where you have podcasts going back 10 years or more. You can't use newest first because they don't play in order and, for me, it's often a case of catching up on 5 or more episodes.

Having to return to the app often means it isn't working for your users = sooner or later they look for an alternative which in turns reduces your subscriptions.

I came on this message board because I have the same issue.  I just started using Spotify for my podcasts because some of the ones I listen to are now only  available in this platform.  I absolutely will not start sorting through many years of "Played" episodes.  This is unacceptable.  Has there been an update since your last post?

useless drone.

Suggested posts