Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

why did i have to Google how to ask a question?

Had to google "how to ask a question in Spotify community" in order to get a link to page. It's the most unhelpful 'help' I've seen!

• Regular
  • Had to google "how to ask a question in Spotify community" in order to get a link to page.  It's the most unhelpful 'help' I've seen!        
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Re;ated artosts" has completely disappeared

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issu WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO RELATED ARTISTS???? I've tried searching the web, but all I can find is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issu &nbs...
  • AllFusion
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files detected but can't download

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a couple local files on my desktop that I'd like to be able to play on spotify with the end goal of being able to play them on my phone. I've immediately run into an issue ...

• Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a couple local files on my desktop that I'd like to be able to play on spotify with the end goal of ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No gapless playback?

When listening to an album on desktop, there's an annoying half second skip - this doesn't seem to affect mobile. This is really jarring on some albums that are designed for one song to lead into another. A quick google suggests that Spotify supports...

• Music Fan
  • When listening to an album on desktop, there's an annoying half second skip - this doesn't seem to affect mobile.   This is really jarring on some albums that are designed for one song to lead...
  • Osss2021
  • Visitor
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Error code : auth 15

PlanFreeCountry DevicePc with WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy brother disconnected me from spotify, and now when I try to connect, it says there is a fire wall who can block spotify. I already tried to disable my Fire wall, a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country   Device Pc with Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My brother disconnected me from spotify, and now when I try to connect, it sa...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot add to queue

PlanDuo PremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueFor month of May Spotify intermittently will not add to the queue. I can play music, but when I click the 3-dot menu and select "Add to queue" for an album/song, I...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Duo Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue For month of May Spotify intermittently will not add to the queue. I can play music, bu...
  • CarlosE
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Podcast episode sorting does not work

Sorting the episodes of a specific podcast by date has been requested and implemented - but the feature does not work properly on the desktop application. When opening the page for a podcast show, the default episode sorting seems to be by data ('New...

• Visitor
  • Sorting the episodes of a specific podcast by date has been requested and implemented - but the feature does not work properly on the desktop application. When opening the page for a podcast show, th...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Application becomes unplayable after every Android mobile update release

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceLaptop: HPMobile: Sony Xperia iiOperating SystemMobile: Android 11Laptop: Windows 10 Enterprise My Question or IssueSpotify desktop application is unplayable after every mobile update release. Upon clicking the icon...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Laptop: HP Mobile: Sony Xperia ii Operating System Mobile: Android 11 Laptop: Windows 10 Enterprise   My Question or Issue Spotify desktop app...
  • angelakrysta
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Feature Suggestion for Windows

I think the app is going pretty well. But I would like to suggest a feature for the Windows version which is shuffle play the playlist. I like using it pretty much on my mobile devices. It would be great to have this feature around on my laptop.

• I think the app is going pretty well. But I would like to suggest a feature for the Windows version which is shuffle play the playlist. I like using it pretty much on my mobile devices. It would be g...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Drag and drop songs into playlist Windows app no longer works.

You used to be able to drag and drop a song into a playlist by dragging it into the list of songs in that playlist to add it to the playlist, that no longer works. I keep thinking I've added a song to a playlist only to find it didn't actually get ad...

• Visitor
  • You used to be able to drag and drop a song into a playlist by dragging it into the list of songs in that playlist to add it to the playlist, that no longer works.   I keep thinking I've added...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Show other album releases on desktop

The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify did, but the desktop doesn't.

• Visitor
  • The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify di...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Windows 10 freezes randomly

Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify - until it freezes again. Spotify can hardly be use...

• Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot search artists or songs [Webplayer]

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(Desktop)Operating System( Windows 10 ) My Question or IssueI have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but will not work when logged in to spotify. The computer App has the same issu...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (Desktop) Operating System ( Windows 10 )   My Question or Issue I have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but...
  • liperat
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Last playlist not shown when scrollbar overflows

PlanPremiumCountrySweden VersionSpotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11 IssueWhen the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even when you scroll to the bottom. To trigger this issue resize the window size. Wor...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Version Spotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11   Issue When the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even w...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Take me to the same place where i was, when I use the "go-back" button.

When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have to scroll down again to where i was.That is very an...

• Visitor
  • When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Bring back keyboard shortcuts for track scrubbing

You used to be able to scrub the track through the arrows left/right and jump a few second back or forward. Why was this removed? You cannot even use the Home key to jump to the start of the track (although the media keys can do this, not all keyboar...

• Casual Listener
  • You used to be able to scrub the track through the arrows left/right and jump a few second back or forward. Why was this removed? You cannot even use the Home key to jump to the start of the track (a...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant pause music via the controls on my Bluetooth headphones

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceAll In One Desktop. (i7 10th gen 16gb ram)Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI can not pause music using the controls on my Bose qc35s, however, I can skip, play fast forward etc but not pause. Whenever I try to...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Australia Device All In One Desktop. (i7 10th gen 16gb ram) Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I can not pause music using the controls on my Bos...
  • Alex
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Windows 10] Queue erases everytime ads start!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEach time I add songs to the queue after ads start all the music I added to the queue is gone and only shows "Next Up" that is auto generated.

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Each time I add songs to the queue after ads start all  the music I added ...
  • Novy
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] disable automatic unpause when you plug a earphone

On version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a, sometimes if I have a song paused, and no plugged earphone, when I plug a earphone the song automatic unpause (and start to play). It not happens every time (I couldn't repeat it consistently, but it happens sporadi...

• Roadie
  • On version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a, sometimes if I have a song paused, and no  plugged earphone, when I plug a earphone the song automatic unpause (and start to play).   It ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Account Offline Listen feature not working

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceLenovo Thinkpad 20N8007NTXOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, From long time i using premium but I really need at this time offline listen because when i work, i need to access remote destop and for th...

Spotify_aZoLWVAHG0.png Spotify_miAfYntsNF.png Spotify_P9I3xOS1F6.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Lenovo Thinkpad 20N8007NTX Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hello,   From long time i using premium but I really nee...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes