Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop app doesn't scroll up when moving song to the top

PlanPremiumCountryPolandOperating SystemWindows 10 This topic was brought earlier couple times, but I can't see the solution. I can't scroll up while draging songs on playlist. I reinstalled app (completely, clean uninstall) and problem still occurs.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Operating System Windows 10     This topic was brought earlier couple times, but I can't see the solution. I can't scroll up while draging songs on ...
  • Bly11
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Not Detecting Desktop App

So my spotify desktop / windows 10 app is not detected on my android. It is also not detected on discord. But when i use spotify web player on the same pc, somehow it is detected on my android spotify connect and detected on my discord. Can anyone pl...

• So my spotify desktop / windows 10 app is not detected on my android. It is also not detected on discord. But when i use spotify web player on the same pc, somehow it is detected on my android spotif...
  • Yordan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist reset after restart of Spotify

So I have 3 playlists in a folder. I click on the play button in the folder and have it set to random play so songs from all playlists in that folder play. When I close the client and restart it though, the playlists resets to the first song that was...

• Music Fan
  • So I have 3 playlists in a folder. I click on the play button in the folder and have it set to random play so songs from all playlists in that folder play. When I close the client and restart it thou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Move Songs up in a playlist

I've had this problem earlier in previous updates and I have seen that others have too in past updates. In the latest update the same bug has reappeared and I've added like 500+ songs that I want to be moved up in the playlist and I'm unable to do th...

• I've had this problem earlier in previous updates and I have seen that others have too in past updates. In the latest update the same bug has reappeared and I've added like 500+ songs that I want to ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Slow download

Hello, I am downloading all my offline playlist to my PC aswell now (1490 songs),but I feel like the download is going really slow. Sitting at 200 songs now I estimated the download to take 1.5 hours overall (I have 50 mbit/s download, music is in ex...

• Hello,   I am downloading all my offline playlist to my PC aswell now (1490 songs), but I feel like the download is going really slow. Sitting at 200 songs now I estimated the download to tak...
  • Nlaughton
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist not visible?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.AOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issue A single playlist has vanished from my playlists. I listen to it frequently enough that it's in the "recently listened" area on my homepage, but it isn't in my playlists. Also, wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue   A single playlist has vanished from my playlists. I listen to it frequently enough that it's in the ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The devices do not connect

I want to report a connection error between devices of the spotify pc application, apparently the application and the desktop program is not connecting to external devices connected as IOS, in the prints sent, it clearly shows, I used the browser to ...

Screenshot_3.png IMG_8789.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I want to report a connection error between devices of the spotify pc application, apparently the application and the desktop program is not connecting to external devices connected as IOS, in the pr...
  • HurtCookie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Manual playlist ordering to top of list broken on desktop

On Desktop version:Spotify for Windows1.1.92.647.ga4397eb7 You cannot move/drag items in a playlist above the top of the list and have it auto scroll up. Dragging to the bottom of the list works correctly. Same issue as this, that was fixed. Looks li...

• Music Fan
  • On Desktop version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.92.647.ga4397eb7   You cannot move/drag items in a playlist above the top of the list and have it auto scroll up. Dragging to the bottom of the li...
  • LAST_CALL
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Ploblem my computer with Spotify

Hi Folks, i have this problem my windows, please help me. The message is"Spotify can´t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"Help me please

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Folks, i have this problem my windows, please help me.   The message is "Spotify can´t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" Help me please
  • 22f7rnlk6v4agm5xs7az
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to allow Spotify on firewall?

Hello there, PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceDell OptiPlex 3020Operating SystemWindows 10 Spotify VersionSpotify Desktop 1.1.94.870Spotify Web from browser My Question or IssueI got the following message when logging in:"A firewall may be blocking Spo...

• Hello there,   Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Dell OptiPlex 3020 Operating System Windows 10   Spotify Version Spotify Desktop 1.1.94.870 Spotify Web from browser   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • firewall
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Laptop and iPhone no longer detect each other despite being on the same WiFi

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone X and Razer Blade 15Operating SystemiOS 15.5, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSome context: I opened my Discord on my laptop and found that my usual activity status of "Listening to Spotify" was not appearin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X and Razer Blade 15 Operating System iOS 15.5, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some context: I opened my Discord on my laptop and fo...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop not syncing to Connect and APIs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueSpotify for Windows (version 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b) has stopped syncing all player status to other devices and to the APIs. This has broken my ability to move playing stat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Issue Spotify for Windows (version 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b) has stopped syncing all player status to ot...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to connect PC to other device with Spotify Connect since update

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI updated my Spotify App on PC last night and since then I am unable to connect Spotify to any device (phone, laptop, etc.). I have already tried every possible solut...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated my Spotify App on PC last night and since then I am unable to connect Spotify to...
  • AlejaR
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify won't install - win 10

PlanPremiumCountry Czech Republic DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Hi i have problem with spotify, it won't install. I had problem with updating spotify so i tried the solution with copying these 2 files: spotify_installer-1.0.95.289.g342899da-15.e...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Czech Republic  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Hi i have problem with spotify, it won't install. I had problem with updating spotify so ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connection with VPN

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I noticed last night (18 Sep 2022) that my Discord didn't show my Spotify activity like it normally does. Also my phone and my PC don't see eachother while conn...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Greece Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I noticed last night (18 Sep 2022) that my Discord didn't show my Spotify ac...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution web player STOP

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Is there a way I can change settings for the web player to STOP after each play??? I'm using...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  &n...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect only works for web browser and not desktop app?

So I used to only listen to spotify via my phone and my laptop and I would use spotify connect to just skip through songs using my phone while i was listening to it on my laptop because i’m lazy. Eventually I ended up getting an ipad and i downloaded...

• So I used to only listen to spotify via my phone and my laptop and I would use spotify connect to just skip through songs using my phone while i was listening to it on my laptop because i’m lazy. Eve...
  • bellakitten
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution WHY CAN"T I EASLY REMOVE DONGS AS THEY SOME UP, FROM MY LIBRARY PLAYLISTS?? WAAAAY TOO COMPLICATED!!

PlanPremiumCountry USA DESKTOPOperating System WINDOWS 10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue WHY CAN"T I EASLY REMOVE DONGS AS THEY SOME UP, FROM MY LIBRARY PLAYLISTS?? WAAAAY TOO COMPLICATED!!ue

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   DESKTOP Operating System WINDOWS 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue WHY CAN"T I EASLY REMOVE DONGS AS THEY SOME UP...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Drag and drop feature is not scrolling the screen once the dragged track is at the top of screen?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceHP Pavilion laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device HP Pavilion laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop App Doesn't Connect With My Phone or the Web Player

lPlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Xiaomi Redmi 9C, HP Intel Core i3)Operating System(Android 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI am able to play different songs on the mobile and the desktop app. I am able to connect the Web Player with my phone but ...

• lPlan Premium Country Turkey Device (Xiaomi Redmi 9C, HP Intel Core i3) Operating System (Android 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I am able to play different songs on the mobile...
  • Yordan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes