Importing iTunes playlists?

Solved!
4 people liked this

Importing iTunes playlists?

greycobalt
Regular

I use iTunes to manage my music library, but I import my playlists into Spotify to listen from there. I've been doing this fine for quite a while. This week however, when I added new music to iTunes and tried to import the new playlists, the option was gone. It's not that I can't select it, it just doesn't exist anymore. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, relocating where the iTunes library is - everything I can think of. I've seen other people post about this issue as well, but no one has answered. Does anyone have any ideas about what might have suddenly changed?

2018-02-18 22_52_11-Spotify.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 7 people liked this

Re: Importing iTunes playlists?

greycobalt
Regular

Welp, nevermind! They took it out. That really sucks, guess I'll have to stick to iTunes.

2018-02-19 00_06_08-SpotifyCares on Twitter_ _Apologies for the confusion. We're afraid that feature.png
35 Replies
Solution! 7 people liked this

greycobalt
Regular

Welp, nevermind! They took it out. That really sucks, guess I'll have to stick to iTunes.

2018-02-19 00_06_08-SpotifyCares on Twitter_ _Apologies for the confusion. We're afraid that feature.png
38 people liked this

wcramernc

Ok Spotify, that's the 2nd feature I use that you've take away.  I've been back and forth between staying with Spotify or going to Apple Music.  You are making my decision easier.

32 people liked this

suniidae
Regular

Wow. Well that is a deal breaker.  This is part of the reason I upgraded to Premium so I will no longer pay for Premium since they took away a necessary function for me.  If Spotify had an easy way to import music, then maybe....but it is clunky at best, and now I see absolutely no way to import local files.  Sorry, some stuff still needs to be imported in order for any platform to manage all my music.  Goodbye Spotify. Google Music here I come.

24 people liked this

7mky6fxc7ac3mwc

I'm really thinking of going back to Apple Music. Too many songs not available on Spotify or greyed out, now I can't import from Itunes!? What advantage is there for me to stay with Spotify? None.

9 people liked this

samvillagomez

I Cant believe this feature is no longer aviable, this is a mess, the way  i have managed all my music is by using itunes playlist, this is a clomplete wth and dealbreaker for me, i would check itunes music

3 people liked this

hans-jürgen
Roadie

Using external tools like Soundiiz, Spotlistr (Textbox), Playlist Converter (Text or M3U) etc. should still work.

1 person liked this

retocaffi
Regular

hi, i have the same issues as mentioned above and came across your post. but how exactly do you mean external converters might still work, if there's no 'import' option any more whatsoever? or am i overlooking something?

1 person liked this

hans-jürgen
Roadie

External playlist converter tools use the Spotify API to automatically create a new playlist e.g. in the desktop app with the found tracks in the Spotify catalogue. So if you upload e.g. an M3U playlist or copy & paste a text version of an iTunes playlist into their textbox, they will add the new playlist automatically.

1 person liked this

retocaffi
Regular
Thanks! I was able to solve the issue using one of the mentiones applications.
SUGGESTED POSTS