Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

HP Envy 360

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I've noticed that when I enable my antivirus software (Kaspersky Internet Security) the Spotify Desktop app fails to function properly. Below I've attached my home and search page. Super frustrating because these are the 2 pages needed for me to search for new music. I'm able to access my saved playlists, but even that doesn't work properly. Some songs can't be played and the playlist would just stop for no reason. When I disable my antivirus, the app is able to function normally, but there must be a way to work around this. I can't keep on disabling my antivirus everytime I want to use spotify? 

I've tried listing spotify as a trusted app on kaspersky, but it still doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the app several times as well. Haven't found a solution thus far. Really frustrating. Please help.

spotify home page error.jpg
spotify search page error.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @shygunn17,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The antivirus software might be blocking access to certain networking ports which are required for the proper functionality of the Desktop app. Since this is something we can't reproduce we can only suggest solutions which other users have reported as helpful.

What you can try is to clear any entries containing Spotify from your host files. Guide here.

Also, you can try to disable any firewall set up by Kaspersky and check which networking ports the antivirus might be blocking or limiting the traffic through.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I've tried disabling firewall as well. Doesn't work (no surprise there). And the guide you provided was for the web player. Not for the desktop app. I've tried everything. Nothing works. Recently tried opening it and it's just a black screen now. I'm just not gonna download it back anymore at this point. Too much work. Can't believe I'm paying for this

Hey @shygunn17,

Sorry to hear this, we can try a few other things to help you resolve this if you'd like.

Could you check if Spotify is set as a trusted app in the antivirus program. I found this guide on their site which should help.

Could yo also let us know if the web player works well for you?

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts