Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm scrobble not working anymore

Last.fm scrobble not working anymore

Since last night, last.fm scrobbling is not scrobbling the music I listen to anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I was going to see if maybe my Spotify account somehow got disconnected from Last.fm, but I went into preferences and could not find the option to connect to Last.fm anywhere!

I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Spotify Scrobbling app on Last.fm, but that didn't fix it.

I'm really hoping you guys didn't remove yet another feature for sharing the music we listen to like you did with the Facebook share feature...  😞

7 Replies

Yes. Scrobbling from the iOS Spotify app stopped working for me a few days ago. Several times I've tried all the disconnect/reconnect suggestions, but nothing has worked to restore scrobbling from the iOS Spotify app. Scrobbling from non-Spotify environments is still working fine for me.

This worked for me: In Spotify I changed the session to Private and then back to Public.

They've removed the last.fm connection in Spotify settings, now the connection has to be done only in last.fm settings, instructions here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/app_integrations/scrobble-to-last-fm/

This worked for me: I changed the Spotify session to Private and back to Public.

They've removed the Last.fm connection from Spotify preferences, only way to make the connection is in Last.fm settings, here are the instructions: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/app_integrations/scrobble-to-last-fm/ (I think you've done this, so please try to change the session momentarily)

1. Disconnect directly @ last.fm
  2. Revoke access to the app in your Spotify account's settings
  3. Reconnect @ last.fm
  4. Restart Spotify
  5. Voila! It works again.

Repeat every single time you start up Spotify's desktop client.

Far from being a proper solution (in fact, it's pretty bothersome) but Spotify removed the in-built feature and last.fm is not giving much of a solution etiher, so that's as close as it gets. Figured it out after much frustration.

Most of the times it also works to start the Spotify web player in parallel to the desktop client and switch playback with Spotify Connect, i.e. with the related icon in the lower right corner. As long as you haven't played more than 50 tracks on Spotify since it broke, it should also add those past scrobbles to your Last.fm profile then. This might produce some duplicate scrobbles as well which is already a known issue for the Last.fm developers.

>Most of the times it also works to start the Spotify web player

This solution worked for me. Thanks!

I had never used the Spotify web player before until yesterday, and back in May, scrobbling was working fine for me from the iOS Spotify app without resorting to using any other Spotify environment, but it had been many weeks since I got anything to scrobble from the iOS Spotify app until yesterday. Yesterday, I tried the Spotify web player, and all my iOS Spotify tracks for yesterday appeared immediately in Last.fm. I tried the same thing today with the same successful result. I had to start up a track in the Spotify web player to get this to work.

So I regularly now play one track with the Spotify web player (at least once a day) when I want tracks to appear in Last.fm that I've previously played that day with the iOS Spotify app. For me, any attempt to use the Spotify web player on iOS launches the iOS Spotify app, so I use my macOS system to run the Spotify web player.

Right, sometimes it is even enough to start the web player in parallel and just wait a bit without switching playback with Spotify Connect or playing a track with it. The reason why the last 50 tracks get scrobbled that moment is that the offline caching works this way, i.e. it compares both listening histories on Last.fm and Spotify and adds the missing scrobbles. Producing duplicate scrobbles should be prevented in the meantime, by the way.

It is also a known issue that mobile scrobbling with free Spotify accounts does not work yet, but Premium accounts should have no scrobbling problems on mobile phones.

Suggested posts