Low Frame Rate with Desktop App

Solved!

Re: Low Frame Rate with Desktop App

plasmabubble

Fantastic! Thanks, friend.

Note: for me, I added the "spotify music" application near the top of the auto-generated list that Nvidia control panel gives you when you click add. No .exe file was visible under users/*my name*/AppData/Roaming/Spotify.

Eds89
Music Fan

What impact does this have on other apps running at the same time which do handle G-Sync correctly?

If the app is running, does it disable G-Sync, as I wouldn't imagine it can selectively enable/disable G-Sync on an app by app basis?

Is this a Spotify issue? No other app I have misbehaves like this.

oliverrau
Casual Listener

This "fix" did disable G-Sync completely for me. And not only when Spotify was running, but also in general for all games etc. After I did re-activate G-Sync (as described in an earlier post) the problem with Spotify was fixed without any additional configuration in the Nvidia control panel.

SynysterNght
Casual Listener

I noticed that Norton does have the same problem in the program

4 people liked this

MiNiMaLiZz
Casual Listener

Disabling hardware acceleration from spotify also fixed the problem for me, you should try that out too

Eds89
Music Fan

And for me!

This a Spotify problem or driver problem? I feel Spotify problem. Spotify please fix?

corb06

Thanks! This solved my problem with low framerate

Mitich

Thank You Bro You Are A Master!!!

1 person liked this

0mega4711

The better fix is to set the "preferred refresh rate" to "highest available" instead of application controlled. This fixes the problem without affecting other applications using G-Sync.

PauuloBorges

Thx man, this works fine for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS