Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Starting 2 days ago my Spotify hasn't actually been using my pause/play media key, instead it just pauses/plays youtube in chrome. I looked up solutions and nothing so far has worked. I've disabled all of my chrome extensions, tried the fixes in services.msc yet nothing works. I don't have google music installed either so I have no idea why this is happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Media Keys Using Youtube and Not Spotify

Melissa-Medic
Casual Listener

I've found a solution for chrome;  chrome://flags     in url box, then ctrl + f to open the search and write ''hardware media'' and you should get: Hardware Media Key Handling, so disable it and restart chrome and it should be working as usual now

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Melissa-Medic
Casual Listener

It's happening to me also, if anyone find a solution

Solution!

Melissa-Medic
Casual Listener

I've found a solution for chrome;  chrome://flags     in url box, then ctrl + f to open the search and write ''hardware media'' and you should get: Hardware Media Key Handling, so disable it and restart chrome and it should be working as usual now

View solution in original post

xxmegashot
Casual Listener

same here, very bizzare issue

BearBuddyCookie
Music Fan

My guess is that with a new update on Chrome or YouTube, a YT video is able to hijack the media buttons. This solutions worked perfectly for me! Thanks

teamrotnick
Casual Listener

@Melissa-Medic wrote:

Thanks, this worked for me!

teamrotnick
Casual Listener

@Melissa-Medic wrote:

Thanks, this worked for me!

xxmegashot
Casual Listener

can confirm this just worked for me, cheers mate

Skdg_1

I love you so **bleep**ing much. Thanks

hamsterboya25
Casual Listener

Worked!! You're the goat