Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media Keys Using Youtube and Not Spotify

Solved!

Media Keys Using Youtube and Not Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Starting 2 days ago my Spotify hasn't actually been using my pause/play media key, instead it just pauses/plays youtube in chrome. I looked up solutions and nothing so far has worked. I've disabled all of my chrome extensions, tried the fixes in services.msc yet nothing works. I don't have google music installed either so I have no idea why this is happening.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've found a solution for chrome;  chrome://flags     in url box, then ctrl + f to open the search and write ''hardware media'' and you should get: Hardware Media Key Handling, so disable it and restart chrome and it should be working as usual now

View solution in original post

17 Replies

It's happening to me also, if anyone find a solution

Marked as solution

I've found a solution for chrome;  chrome://flags     in url box, then ctrl + f to open the search and write ''hardware media'' and you should get: Hardware Media Key Handling, so disable it and restart chrome and it should be working as usual now

same here, very bizzare issue

My guess is that with a new update on Chrome or YouTube, a YT video is able to hijack the media buttons. This solutions worked perfectly for me! Thanks

@Melissa-Medic wrote:

Thanks, this worked for me!

@Melissa-Medic wrote:

Thanks, this worked for me!

can confirm this just worked for me, cheers mate

I love you so **bleep**ing much. Thanks

Worked!! You're the goat

This has actually been the bane of my life. You have absolutely made my week with this. THANK YOU!

Thank you so so so much! That was really starting to annoy me. Easy fix. Thanks!

THANK YOU!

Oddly, this solution is not working for me.

Any other ideas?

https://twitter.com/ArtemR/status/1170021507654832128

Edit: Spotify restart did it for me. Odd.

Thank you very much, it worked...now i can breath normally again.

Genius.  Not sure how you even knew to look for this.  Excellent help- saved me lots of time and frustration!

It works just fine!

It worked!

Suggested posts