Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple issues with Spotify desktop

Solved!

Multiple issues with Spotify desktop

1. I cannot save any new albums. Clicking the save button on an album doesn't add the album to my albums page, and the icons next to the songs do not change to ticks to indicate that they have been saved. I have no issues with hitting the limit; I've had the problem plenty of times before and always got the warning message. This is completely different.

2. I cannot play any new music at all. Literally nothing happens when I press play on an album or song I don't have saved. No error messages or anything.

3. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and these issues are still occurring, and to make matters worse, my album page is completely empty, as are all my carefully crafted playlists!!

This is on windows 10 and the version of the app is 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

I'm a premium user and I don't understand what the **bleep** I'm paying for at this point.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @11150884487!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @11150884487!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Ok, so that seems to have solved all of my issues at once, is that deliberate or just a quirk of solving one problem?

No it is not deliberate but it might be the problem of the windows 10.

Suggested posts