Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Friend Feed Failed To Load

PlanFreeCountry RomaniaDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue "Friend Feed Failed to Load" Please Fix It

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country  Romania Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  "Friend Feed Failed to Load" Please Fix It
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cover image in spotify player disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I accidently made the album covers in the player disappear and I dont know how to re-enable them. (Picture attached to the question)

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I accidently made the album covers in the player disappear and I dont know ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist sync between iPhone and Desktop seems not to work

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 on desk My Question or Issue I created a playlist but the number of songs on my desktop app and my mobile app differ. On the iPhone I got 998 songs on it, on the desktop it is only 989...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 10 on desk  My Question or Issue  I created a playlist but the number of songs on my desktop app and my mobile...
  • GoodSheppard
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes up my computer and forces me to shut it down

I have the latest version of Spotify from the Windows Store, as well as Windows 10 with the April 2018 update, and whenever I open the Spotify app, my computer freezes completely (I can't even move the mouse), and I'm forced to shut it down incorrect...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest version of Spotify from the Windows Store, as well as Windows 10 with the April 2018 update, and whenever I open the Spotify app, my computer freezes completely (I can't even move t...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify all of a sudden no longer opens and will not uninstall

Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSpotify works just fine on my PS3, PS4 and iPhone but on my laptop it all of a sudden will no longer open and it won't even uninstall (WS version)! Every time I uninstall it, it keeps coming back like ...

• Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Spotify works just fine on my PS3, PS4 and iPhone but on my laptop it all of a sudden will no longer open and it won't even uninstall (WS...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play songs after installing Mixlr

I've been using Spotify for years and never had this kind of problem until I decided to download this software called Mixlr. I'm a premium user and again, never had problems about songs not playing (except those Avril Lavigne songs that doesn't play ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I've been using Spotify for years and never had this kind of problem until I decided to download this software called Mixlr. I'm a premium user and again, never had problems about songs not p...
  • xiatric
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify isn't sharing my activity, despite settings being turned on

So nomally I wouldn't care about this type of stuff, but my friends and I tend to use Spotify playlists and activity to share ideas with eachother as all of us are studying music, however lately my Spotify has stopped sharing what I'm listening to, t...

• So nomally I wouldn't care about this type of stuff, but my friends and I tend to use Spotify playlists and activity to share ideas with eachother as all of us are studying music, however lately my S...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Volume is better on web player then windows store downloaded player?

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue I was setting up spotify on my PC after doing a file wipe, so while I worked I used the Spotify web player, then later I downloaded the app from the Windows 10 store an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue  I was setting up spotify on my PC after doing a file wipe, so while I worked I use...
  • Raylovescars
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't connect

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueFor a few months now, my Spotify app has refused to connect the local files on my computer to the Spotify servers...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version)   My Question or Issue For a few months now, my Spotify ...
  • mjoleszczak
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio and friend list doesn't work anymore

Desktop, W7Hello, since like, a week, maybe more, my friend list and any radio doesn't load anymore.I'm still able to browse and still receive my suggestions for the week.Any help on that? I want to discover new music from searching with my favorite ...

• Casual Listener
  • Desktop, W7 Hello, since like, a week, maybe more, my friend list and any radio doesn't load anymore. I'm still able to browse and still receive my suggestions for the week. Any help on that? ...
  • LackeDragon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Bugs when maximized in windows 10

There is nothing to tell, just this image to show.Any suggestion?

• There is nothing to tell, just this image to show. Any suggestion?
  • Sirisli
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Saving state when shutting down PC

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhen closing the Spotify client via "File"->"Close Spotify" the current state is saved, e.g. which song is playing, is Shuffle activated etc. If however Spotify is running in the backgrou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue When closing the Spotify client via "File"->"Close Spotify" the current state is saved, e.g. which song is playi...
  • illeszsolt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Web player better quality than desktop (AAC vs Ogg)?

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAccording to the site (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/) the Premium Desktop audio quality is 320 kbit Ogg Vorbis mp3 and the Premium Web Player q...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue According to the site (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/) ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify randomly playing songs?

Hi, My spotify account randomly decides to play music whenever it feels like?This happens on my desktop and phone, for some reason it keeps wanting to play a artist called 'Daniel Miller'??????? Can be very annoying when it comes on blast through the...

• Hi,  My spotify account randomly decides to play music whenever it feels like? This happens on my desktop and phone, for some reason it keeps wanting to play a artist called 'Daniel Miller'???...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix saying I'm offline

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceLenovo LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to launch my daily mix, which I have to search for because it doesn't show up on the left side bar, it says that I am not allowed to access...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device Lenovo Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to launch my daily mix, which I have to search for be...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can´t disable Media Overlay

PlanPremiumCountry Austria Operating SystemWindows 10 (Version 1803) Spotify Version1.0.81.325.g17f71170 My Question or Issue:I can´t disable the annoying Media Overlay anymore!Ever since I started using Spotify I have disabled the Overlay with the o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Austria   Operating System Windows 10 (Version 1803)   Spotify Version 1.0.81.325.g17f71170   My Question or Issue: I can´t disable the annoying ...
  • MultiRob70
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 74 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 74 likes

Spotify on Discord, Twitter and etc.

My Question or Issue Before 1-2 weeks I was able to listen Spotify songs on my Desktop App by clicking the play button on the post which is shared in Twitter, Discord and some places like these. But now, when I click the play button it only plays the...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  Before 1-2 weeks I was able to listen Spotify songs on my Desktop App by clicking the play button on the post which is shared in Twitter, Discord and some ...
  • jaquse
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop overlay bug

PlanFree/PremiumCountry The NetherlandsDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 pcMy Question or Issue Every time Spotify starts up the 'Show desktop overlay when using media keys' option is turned on but when I look in the settings it says it is not. so ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  The Netherlands Device PC Operating System  Windows 10 pc My Question or Issue  Every time Spotify starts up the 'Show desktop overlay when using me...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Overlay can't be disabled

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwan DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOver the past month or so, I have repeatedly tried to disable the desktop overlay that pops up in the top-left corner of my screen when I change songs. Even thoug...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan  Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Over the past month or so, I have repeatedly tried to disable the desktop overlay...
  • Chillosophy
  • Regular
  • 43 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! "Hmm, the friend feed failed to load"

Hi! My friend feed does not load, no matter on what device I'm using Spotify. Does anybody know what to do about this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My friend feed does not load, no matter on what device I'm using Spotify. Does anybody know what to do about this? 
  • g_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes