Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Unknown Error (Error Code 24) on Win7

Hello, My Question or IssueI've small problem Problem with the app on my PC. On my PC are two accounts, admin and guest without admin rights. Normally I use the last one.Since a week or so I get the Error Code 24 when I try to start the program, and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   My Question or Issue I've small problem Problem with the app on my PC. On my PC are two accounts, admin and guest without admin rights. Normally I use the last one. Since a week or ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Start on windows, always starting with the SAME song.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have set that Spotify starts with windows. However it always starts up with the SAME song in the queue. On my phone (Android Samsung S9) for example, if I pa...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have set that Spotify starts with windows. However it always starts u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Media overlay won't go away + other problems

I'm currently using the newest version of spotify premium (1.0.95.289.g342899da) on Windows 10. I've been experiencing some problems with spotify for the last month or so. I started noticing that the media overlay won't go away even when i turn it of...

• Regular
  • I'm currently using the newest version of spotify premium (1.0.95.289.g342899da) on Windows 10. I've been experiencing some problems with spotify for the last month or so. I started noticing that the...
  • stilitzkin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I change the Discover Weekly playlist?

Hi there! I'm a little annoyed by the Discover Weekly playlist currently. At night, when I'm sleeping i have my instrumental playlist I made on all night (it helps me sleep) I have a few other playlists that are completely different, with songs with ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi there! I'm a little annoyed by the Discover Weekly playlist currently. At night, when I'm sleeping i have my instrumental playlist I made on all night (it helps me sleep) I have a few othe...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I play just one song!?!?

[The original post has been inexplicably locked - see the numerous messages there]The biggest problem with the unmanageable Spotify player is that I am just not in control of what is being played: it decides what is "up next".I have taken to playing ...

• Music Fan
  • [The original post has been inexplicably locked - see the numerous messages there] The biggest problem with the unmanageable Spotify player is that I am just not in control of what is being played: ...
  • jasjas
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs stop during the listening and play the next one

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi everyone, everything is in the title a song stops after a minute or so and automatically play the next one. I didn't see any subject like this one so if...

• Plan Premium Country France   Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hi everyone, everything is in the title a song stops after a minute...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play songs with videos on PC

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceCustom Built PC, i7-8700k, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So, with the windows download version of Spotify, any song with a video will not show the video nor play the song at all, ...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device Custom Built PC, i7-8700k, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So, with the windows download versio...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • PC
    Song not Playing
    Video Not Playing
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

The annoying window is back! (BUG?)

The annoying window is back, but its disabled. But it still shows up. This happen after todays update.

• Regular
  •   The annoying window is back, but its disabled. But it still shows up. This happen after todays update.  
  • vx2
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Can't see pictures / only the left bottom one!

Ahoi there, I looked through all those posts about the missing covers. But it seems that all those reports are always about the left bottom one and in fact that's the only one I can see. If I visit the start page within the desktop windows version (a...

• Casual Listener
  • Ahoi there,   I looked through all those posts about the missing covers. But it seems that all those reports are always about the left bottom one and in fact that's the only one I can see. If ...
  • VanFersen
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird audio Windows 10 with Dolby home teather V4

PlanFreeCountry ItalyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI don't know why but my audio on spotify sound very weird, it's almost composed by only bass and I can barely listen to the lyrics in some tracks. I've tried reinstallin...

• Plan Free Country  Italy Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I don't know why but my audio on spotify sound very weird, it's almost composed by only ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotifyinstaller does not work

Hi,i have truble witrh spotify, i had to reset my computer because of an virus on my pc.Now i can´t install apotify anymor cause i get the message, that the Spotifyinstaller does´t work.I got win 7 on my pc. What can i do to reinstall spotify?

• Hi, i have truble witrh spotify, i had to reset my computer because of an virus on my pc. Now i can´t install apotify anymor cause i get the message, that the Spotifyinstaller does´t work. I got w...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists included in Folder do not play

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I put several playlists in one folder. I open the folder, press button play - nothing happens. Music starts only if I play particularly picked one playlist.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device PC Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue I put several playlists in one folder. I open the folder, press button play - nothing happ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist on Spotify Phone App. No Longer Sorts

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung GalaxyOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue As of, oh, about a week ago, I can no longer sort the playlist I have downloaded to my phone... It shows as the 'Recently Added' sort but I no longer have the opti...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  As of, oh, about a week ago, I can no longer sort the playlist I have...
  • Frostman233
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify local files not working Agin

What do I need to do to spotify to find my local files?why can not my spotify playlists find my local files?but spotify can find them?but when I look in local files on spotify, I can find them.one of the picture shows my playlist.The other shows the ...

• Casual Listener
  • What do I need to do to spotify to find my local files? why can not my spotify playlists find my local files? but spotify can find them? but when I look in local files on spotify, I can find them....
  • Ageofempierswar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Buggy Advert for Google Home Hub

Using the desktop app on Windows 7 in the UK, I'm getting an advert for Google Home Hub a lot, and every single time it comes up, the advert doesn't start, and Spotify just stops. i.e. sits there waiting for the advert which never starts. Clicking on...

• Regular
  •   Using the desktop app on Windows 7 in the UK, I'm getting an advert for Google Home Hub a lot, and every single time it comes up, the advert doesn't start, and Spotify just stops. i.e. sits t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 7 crash

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHi,for about a week my desktop Spotify app is constantly crashing.Suddenly about 1 second of a song is being looped and the app is not really responding to any actions.The same happpens (not a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hi, for about a week my desktop Spotify app is constantly crashing. Suddenly about 1 second of a song is being loop...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Podcast not showing on Library

EDIT: Great just saw a post with the same problem...PlanPremiumCountryPortugal DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemmacOS Mojave So, since yesterday, under My Library the Podcast option disapeared. I still have the follows on my regular podcasts but I ca...

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 21.41.28.png
  • Regular
  • EDIT: Great just saw a post with the same problem... Plan Premium Country Portugal   Device Macbook Pro Operating System macOS Mojave   So, since yesterday, under My Library th...
  • blitzerr77
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Local Files, Play Queue will not load.

PlanFreeCountry > AUS DevicePC Desktop Recent Version on EVERYTHINGOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a lot of songs in local files so I noticed straight away since I normally use, play queue to see what's coming up instead of scro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country > AUS   Device PC Desktop Recent Version on EVERYTHING Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a lot of songs in local files so I noticed st...
  • TooLong
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

FIXED! Can't move playlist out of folder...

I FIXED THIS ALREADY SO THANKS ANYWAYS! I moved a few playlists into a folder on the Desktop app, and I accidentally moved a playlist I didn't want to move, and when I tried to drag the playlist out from the folder, the playlist wouldn't move. So my ...

• Music Fan
  • I FIXED THIS ALREADY SO THANKS ANYWAYS! I moved a few playlists into a folder on the Desktop app, and I accidentally moved a playlist I didn't want to move, and when I tried to drag the playlist out ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

1.0.95.289.g342899da update issue

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey DevicePCOperating SystemWin 7 My Question or Issue With the last update, my Spotify always crashes in multiple times. The issue is when i want to listen a song after a while from my Spotify Desktop App and it won't respond at...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device PC Operating System Win 7   My Question or Issue   With the last update, my Spotify always crashes in multiple times. The issue is when...
  • LBens
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes