Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Recommendation

Solved!

Music Recommendation

Hello , I 'd like to know , does my playlist songs get recommended to my friends ? 

and if yes , if I make my playlist secret will songs from it still get recommended to my friends ?  

(there are some bands wich have no more than 500 listeners  and after putting it in my playlist after few days I suddenly see same exact song or band in my friend's playlist) 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Zarathos1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Recommendations that Spotify provides to users, with features such as “Browse -> Discover,” "Discover Weekly," and "Daily Mixes," are based on the users’ particular Spotify listening habits, rather than on playlists of users that they follow. You can read more about how Spotify recommends music to users in this thread.

If your Spotify playlists are set to “Public,” then it’s possible that your friends have visited your profile and discovered these artists that you mention from browsing your playlists.

If your friends have not followed your playlists, them making them “Secret” will prevent your friends from accessing these playlists. However, if your friends have followed your playlists, then making them “Secret” won’t prevent your friends from accessing them.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Zarathos1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Recommendations that Spotify provides to users, with features such as “Browse -> Discover,” "Discover Weekly," and "Daily Mixes," are based on the users’ particular Spotify listening habits, rather than on playlists of users that they follow. You can read more about how Spotify recommends music to users in this thread.

If your Spotify playlists are set to “Public,” then it’s possible that your friends have visited your profile and discovered these artists that you mention from browsing your playlists.

If your friends have not followed your playlists, them making them “Secret” will prevent your friends from accessing these playlists. However, if your friends have followed your playlists, then making them “Secret” won’t prevent your friends from accessing them.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts