Premium

Country

México

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Some days ago, I started having issues with Spotify, I've tried reinstalling it, deleting cache data, following instructions of Technical support, but nothing worked. I literally see no songs in any playlist, genders, trends, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm desperate to solve this cuz I really wanna play videogames while listening to music 😄

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Helker,

I  may have just found a solution for you:

It is apparently a known issue right now.

Here you can see the open Issue and can vote for it to hopfully be fixed sooner!

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Rayler@fernandon199

Take a look at/follow this topic here, the engineers are already working on a fix. If it is still not working try logging out of your spotify app and reinstalling it. Then follow the steps above.

Hope you guys can continue listening soon!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Helker,

Do you see your playlist/songs on your mobile device or on another PC?

Cheers,

Sebastian

Marked as solution

Hey @Helker,

I  may have just found a solution for you:

It is apparently a known issue right now.

Here you can see the open Issue and can vote for it to hopfully be fixed sooner!

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

Hi, @RockstarFischer

Yes, I see my playlists on my Phone, this is the only dispositive where Spotify isn't working.

Btw, I've tried the Notepad thing and everything was okay.

Idk what to do now

Screenshot_1.png

Have you tried deleting the "0.0.0.0 splclient.wg.spotify.com" line?

I have the same error and I tried what u say, deleting any line that shows spotify name and still not working. On my mobile is working fine but in my desktop app no. 

Same thing happens to me, except that I never had any line in my HOSTS file so I can't delete any Spotify entries

Marked as solution

Hey @Rayler@fernandon199

Take a look at/follow this topic here, the engineers are already working on a fix. If it is still not working try logging out of your spotify app and reinstalling it. Then follow the steps above.

Hope you guys can continue listening soon!

Suggested posts