Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases / What's New not shown on Windows app

Solved!

New Releases / What's New not shown on Windows app

Dear folks,

for some time I can't find the "What's new" icon (that fancy bell) on the Windows app. 

I can not easily get to what the artist I follow has released. I hardly ever use the Android app (where I can find that bell) because I am a more computer listener.

I would rather prefer a "New Releases" section somewhere that showed my artists' new releases... I am using https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app as an alternative when I want to see if the artists I follow have released something new out there.

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Operating System

Windows 10 & 11

My Question or Issue

Add  a "New Releases" section somewhere making easy to reach the new releases of the artists' we follow.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LitusMayol,

Thanks for posting here.

Currently the feature What's New is only available on mobile devices.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @LitusMayol,

Thanks for posting here.

Currently the feature What's New is only available on mobile devices.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Every time I use the desktop version at work I am reminded of this mind-boggling decision. How could this feature, something so basic and fundamental to the purpose of the platform, still be missing? Worse, it used to exist?! It's so unfortunate that building a platform with a backing of thousands of artists is so difficult because we're left with products that survive on their name and user base alone and when asked for a basic feature offer hollow wave-handing responses like the above: "we're striving to improve." If you want to improve, let the people who built the mobile app teach the people who oversee the UX of the computer app how to add a bell icon with a blue dot. Please and thank you. 

@thomascrownbuerger wrote:

Every time I use the desktop version at work I am reminded of this mind-boggling decision. How could this feature, something so basic and fundamental to the purpose of the platform, still be missing? Worse, it used to exist?! It's so unfortunate that building a platform with a backing of thousands of artists is so difficult because we're left with products that survive on their name and user base alone and when asked for a basic feature offer hollow wave-handing responses like the above: "we're striving to improve." If you want to improve, let the people who built the mobile app teach the people who oversee the UX of the computer app how to add a bell icon with a blue dot. Please and thank you. 

It's a shame this issue is marked as solved.  The above post from Ver isn't a solution, it's a "won't fix," despite this being a hugely requested feature for years.  It's a simple API call based on the listener's followed artists.  Why not add this?

Hi, it's been a while since your reply. Do you mind telling us why this feature is still missing from desktop?

Spotify doesn't care and is not going to fix this. I recommend this third party alternative: https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app/

Suggested posts