[New desktop look] "Connect to Facebook" button only visible in Friend Activity

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I dont know what happened i just restarted my client and the friends activity got replaced by a button "CONNECT TO FACEBOOK". I tried to reinstall the application but it doesnt work. Any ideas?

ApolQ_0-1617397541128.png

help.PNG
24 Replies

For me it's a similar problem- most of my friends have disappeared even though they still follow me. It's only showing the activity of 3 friends. SPOTIFY, please fix this! 

My friend feed isn't working properly as well. Since yesterday some of my friends randomly disappeared and I wasn't able to fix this. I logged out and in again, refreshed the friends feed, started multiple reinstalls, removed and added my friends again. None of this worked so far. I know that they are listening to music and that they are sharing their listening activities, but they don't show up in my feed anymore. 

RT I have the same problem pls Spotify fix it.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

Can you try the steps that @Jenni8 mentioned to see if there's any difference for any of you? We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store for those on Windows.

Also, try restarting your routers and using a different connection if possible (like a mobile hotspot) to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Just tried doing a clean install of Spotify on my Windows 10 PC after running a Windows Update and clearing all cache files etc. Have tried all recommendations. Still don't have access to my friends listening activity on the right hand panel - only the Facebook Friends connect prompt.

I'm a premium user and two of my 'friends' are my kids for whom I fix their settings. I know they have their settings in a way that I would see what they are listening to. This is a great feature which was working faultlessly up until a few days ago. Please fix whatever bug is happening.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you let us know the exact version of your Spotify version, as well as what happens if you switch on/off the Show Fiend Activity option.

1. Click  in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  2. Under Display Options, switch Show Friend Activity on (green), or off (gray).

Also, let us know if you can ask a friend/family member to log in with their account of your device to check if everything looks normal there.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm using Spotify version 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a which was clean installed today from the Windows app store. Windows is also up to date.

When I toggle on and off the Show Friend Activity option as you suggest, there is no change in my ability to see my Friend Activity.

When I log into my children's accounts on the same PC, which I set up for them, their Friend Activity feed looks normal. When I log back into my account, my Friend Activity feed displays the Facebook connect prompt as per the images posted at the beginning of this thread.

Hey @Kwray2002

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if you notice any difference after following these steps? 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I already did the clean install earlier today as per the first set of instructions. But I tried the second suggestion too.

I navigated to the folder in your steps using Notepad and looked for any reference to Spotify or Fastly but there weren't any there to delete or modify. Any other suggestions?

Hi again @Kwray2002

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Just to confirm, is the same thing happening with a different internet connection?

If possible, could you log in to your account using another computer to see if the issue persists? This will help us investigate further. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

I just tried logging in on my PC using my phone as a hot spot internet connection and yes, the issue persists.

I then logged in to my Spotify account using my child's laptop. I can confirm the Spotify account on her laptop does not have the issue, I could see her friend activity from her account. But when I signed in on her laptop with my account, the issue persists. Please advise.

Hey @Kwray2002

Thank you for this info. 

Could you try creating a new test account here and let us know if you can see your friend's activity after following them?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator

Hi there

I'm fast! I created a new test account using your link, logged in as the new account from the Spotify app on my PC, followed my original account, but still the same Facebook prompt at the side. It's almost as if the Facebook prompt, which takes up the entire right hand side panel as per the images shared by another user at the beginning of this thread are taking over the panel that normally displays Friend Activity. Please advise.

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that Friend Activity is not showing any info and displays a button to connect with Facebook. First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • troubleshooting steps tried
  • a screenshot of the Friend Activity sidebar

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

NovyModerator

I just started having this same issue. I'm using Spotify version: 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

Its on my Windows 10 desktop, version 2004, OS build 19041.867

I tried doing the clean install and it still persists. Under settings and Display, I can toggle the "See what friends are playing" setting to make the sidebar disappear, but when friend activity is on I just see the Connect With Facebook button.

I've been having the same issue ever since the redesign rolled out on a Mac (OS 11.4). Premium user running Spotify 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a. Have done everything in the recommendations, including a clean re-install. Toggling off the friend activity just closes the sidebar; no change if I toggle and the sidebar re-opens.

I saw a community suggestion that developers add the ability to "X" out of the FB prompt, so there are probably many other users experiencing this as well.

.Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 9.27.42 AM.png

Just got the answer regarding how to fix this problem. Just log into your account using Spotify website, go to your account settings → privacy settings → and under 'Manage your data' opt out of processing facebook data.

Log out of your spotify application, restart and log in again. The feed should be appearing again.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

To confirm, does updating the app to the latest version and following the steps shared by @haseorbit (Top Answer) help? If, after giving that a try, you’re still having trouble with this, it'd be great if those of you who haven't yet or who just came across this thread provided us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • troubleshooting steps tried
  • a screenshot of the Friend Activity sidebar

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts