Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non stop syncing/ downloading

Non stop syncing/ downloading

Plan

Premium

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I've downloaded some playlist for both my Windows and Android. I started to notice that everytime my devices started up, my downloaded playlist redownloads over and over again and it's getting a little annoying at this point. I've recently removed my Nexus5 and added Oneplus6 to my devices list, so my device quota is still there. I was wondering if there's any solution for this?

6 Replies

Hey @pittedolives Welcome to the Spotify Community!

When you turn on your devices are you logging into Spotify?  If you aren't try logging out and relog back in. This will help resync information back into your files.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

A similar thing Is happening to me, so much so that I try not to reboot until it Is necessary! Are you playing your playlists off line? I was told to delete my off line devices storage and guess what? Re-install, it didn't work! It sometimes wants to resync 100s of songs? Why? If like me you mainly play your own playlists there is a workaround of sorts. Try and just play your synced lists off line, (your app in offline mode) and if you have to restart or reboot try and go offline BEFORE you open Spotify so u can put your app in offline mode! At least it won't try and do fake resyncs! But I hope a solution is found?

Glad i'm not alone! I've been scouring the community help posts for a solution but I couldn't find any. Suppose your workaround would work, but it seems unnecessary especially if you had paid for a clear service! Plus I switch between other playlist and my own most time so that'd be inconvenient for me... I wonder if this is a bug? It's seriously has been unnecessarily eating up my quota and i'm just extremely annoyed by it.

I never log in and out from my app on both devices. I did relog back in, so I guess i'll keep an eye if it works. It did sync some of my playlists on both devices the second I did the relog. I just keep an eye for it for now!

I agree it's not ideal at all but I don't stream unless I want to listen to a new release etc? I use my custom lists! Perhaps if u try my idea wait 10mins or so then go back online? Maybe it only resyncs when the app is immediately opened? We don't pay Premium for this do we?

This Problem still exist and eats up the storage and resources of my Phone. When i open sportify it starts downloading over 200songs and when its finished it locks up my Phone only a restart will help... When i am on less than 5% Battery the SD card ejekts wich leads to the Next Problem... I have to download my entire librarie again and cant excess the old one, only wiping the SD card entirly would free up the space. I just wanna list'n to songs on my old LG G4 Stylus is that to complicated?

Suggested posts