Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nothing playing...at all.

Solved!

Nothing playing...at all.

I try to play Spotify songs...nothing (it shows the song as playing, pause button is visible and not play button, but there is nothing happening).  My audio is all on.  This is occuring with both local files and Spotify songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When you right click the speaker icon in your icon tray (bottom right hand side of the desktop) select Playback Devices and set the proper one to default.  If you're using USB speakers or headset or anything you need to make sure they're running properly.  I switched the USB port my wireless headset was plugged into and it re-initialized them allowing it to work properly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Nevermind...apparently spotify won't play if an audio device is available but not correctly defaulted? or something along those lines of having several audio devices. Fixed it.

how did you fix this? the same is happening to me

Marked as solution

When you right click the speaker icon in your icon tray (bottom right hand side of the desktop) select Playback Devices and set the proper one to default.  If you're using USB speakers or headset or anything you need to make sure they're running properly.  I switched the USB port my wireless headset was plugged into and it re-initialized them allowing it to work properly.

wtf spotify was playing fine. I downloaded premium and nothing plays. this is **bleep**e

@lsmarand wrote:

wtf spotify was playing fine. I downloaded premium and nothing plays. this is **bleep**e

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you getting any error messages or codes at all? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When I click playback devices it doesn't let me click on default... what do i do?

Suggested posts