Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • dakster
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume too low

I have my spotify and windows volume at 100 and its super low, to the point where the music is not enjoyable. I bellieve its not fixable because its Spotify's normalazation but its just way too low. Its only pushing my headphones to 40% volume. Its j...

• I have my spotify and windows volume at 100 and its super low, to the point where the music is not enjoyable. I bellieve its not fixable because its Spotify's normalazation but its just way too low. ...
  • CyberTootie
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Mouse

I can't do anything with my mouse other than left click and move it. I can't scroll or use anything else

• Casual Listener
  • I can't do anything with my mouse other than left click and move it. I can't scroll or use anything else
  • LuxrayTheWolf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug on window when plugging monitor

Every time I connect my monitor, if spotify is open on my notebook's screen then the window gets a cut on bottom and rigth. The buttons still works but I can't see them. Reducing the window size makes they appear. It seems Spotify gets limited by my ...

• Every time I connect my monitor, if spotify is open on my notebook's screen then the window gets a cut on bottom and rigth. The buttons still works but I can't see them. Reducing the window size make...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Esta canción no está disponible, si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo

Después de buscar hilos sobre este asunto, desde ayer que se actualizó día 5 la app de Windows 10, he probado todo lo que he encontrado en este soporte de ayuda. Nada, imposible ¿Hay que esperar alguna actualización de la app por algún error en ella?...

• Después de buscar hilos sobre este asunto, desde ayer que se actualizó día 5 la app de Windows 10, he probado todo lo que he encontrado en este soporte de ayuda.  Nada, imposible 😞   ¿H...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs gone from playlist (not shown with "show unavailable songs")

I noticed today that one of my playlists have been severely truncated with only songs I've added this year. I can't see them as unavailable as I can with songs that were removed from spotify. Is there anyway I can see the activity of a playlist (adde...

• Regular
  • I noticed today that one of my playlists have been severely truncated with only songs I've added this year. I can't see them as unavailable as I can with songs that were removed from spotify. Is ther...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song titles not showing for some local files.

I've just downloaded Chante The Rappers 'Acid Rap' and added it to my local files. 5 of the songs however do not show song titles. I've tried the following:Opening and closing SpotifyDeleting the files from the source folder and readding themDeleting...

spotify.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I've just downloaded Chante The Rappers 'Acid Rap' and added it to my local files. 5 of the songs however do not show song titles. I've tried the following: Opening and closing Spotify Deleti...
  • jooshwah
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution My country don't have radio button it's will available in the future ?

Now I use Sportify from Thailand I seen review it's have radio feature then I want to try but It's don't have button in android app and desktop app like thisis it available in the future ? and how long is it ?and Spotify block music for some other co...

• Casual Listener
  • Now I use Sportify from Thailand I seen review it's have radio feature then I want to try but It's don't have button in android app and desktop app like this is it available in the future ? a...
  • Demoz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping songs/not playing

Hi. I've been having issue lately where whatever I tried to play, Spotify skips about three songs down the playlist immediately then doesn't play at all. I'm using a premium account on Windows 10 with Sonos speakers. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've been having issue lately where whatever I tried to play, Spotify skips about three songs down the playlist immediately then doesn't play at all. I'm using a premium account on Windows 10 wit...
  • SpaceOrphan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Song Indicator for friends

Hey Spotify Community, Recently a friend of mine had said, 'You have a playlist with only 7 songs in it?'When, on my end is actually has about 200 due to local files. I suggest adding a small label showing all the spotify songs AS WELL as local file ...

• Regular
  • Hey Spotify Community,  Recently a friend of mine had said,   'You have a playlist with only 7 songs in it?' When, on my end is actually has about 200 due to local files.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless playback for desktop is too sensitive.

Hey Forum, I have noticed for a number of songs there is a silence at the end however, Spotify does not skip the song if it detects a miniscule sound. Many songs have very tiny unnoticable sounds (Can check with with Audacity) which stop the Gapless ...

• Regular
  • Hey Forum,   I have noticed for a number of songs there is a silence at the end however, Spotify does not skip the song if it detects a miniscule sound. Many songs have very tiny unnoticable s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play some local files

Hello,I am having a problem with my local files on Spotify. I just put some new .mp3 files in my music folder and was going to use them in a playlist in Spotify. They show up in the "Local Files" in Spotify but I can't listen to them. I always get th...

• Hello, I am having a problem with my local files on Spotify. I just put some new .mp3 files in my music folder and was going to use them in a playlist in Spotify. They show up in the "Local Files" i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download all my music Windows

I want to download all the songs I have in my repertoire to the computer, but I do not know how.The only thing I found was to download PlayList ...In any case, as I do to create a PlayList of all my songs without having to add one by one, thanks for ...

• I want to download all the songs I have in my repertoire to the computer, but I do not know how. The only thing I found was to download PlayList ... In any case, as I do to create a PlayList of all...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Antivirus delets spotify from PC

I have Spotify Premium, however, few months ago my antivirus deleted it and blocks download. Error code 13: The installer is unnable to install Spotify, because the necessary files could not be created. I have tried all the suggestions regarding this...

• I have Spotify Premium, however, few months ago my antivirus deleted it and blocks download. Error code 13: The installer is unnable to install Spotify, because the necessary files could not be ...
  • RoZe256
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow download WINDOWS spotify (PC)

Hello, I'm on Spotify premium for family in almost 7 months, however I'm having trouble dowloading tracks. In my phone, It is easier, downloading is faster, because my internet is 10MBps, but in my laptop, I installed the Spotify app, and I have almo...

• Hello, I'm on Spotify premium for family in almost 7 months, however I'm having trouble dowloading tracks. In my phone, It is easier, downloading is faster, because my internet is 10MBps, but in my l...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect For Desktop App not working anymore

I run Spotify desktop app on Windows 10 and have used Spotify Connect to control Volumio on a Raspberry Pi. Since a couple of days, I cannot connect to these devices anymore because they are not detected by the desktop app. Everything still works ok ...

• Casual Listener
  • I run Spotify desktop app on Windows 10 and have used Spotify Connect to control Volumio on a Raspberry Pi. Since a couple of days, I cannot connect to these devices anymore because they are not dete...
  • lvankampen123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums start over from the beginning before finishing the album

I've noticed a problem recently where I will play an album and I will randomly hear the first song again. This will lead me to check Spotify and realize that the album started over even though it hadn't finished yet (and I have both repeat and shuffl...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed a problem recently where I will play an album and I will randomly hear the first song again. This will lead me to check Spotify and realize that the album started over even though it had...
  • dompan
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution (Windows desktop) updates clear the queue and the history

Every new update clears both the history and the queue. Windows (7 & 10), version 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24 (for example).

• Music Fan
  • Every new update clears both the history and the queue.     Windows (7 & 10), version 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24 (for example).      
  • mcc1ane
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Windows 10 desktop app won't reinstall

Opened up the Spotify desktop app for my laptop running Windows 10 about 2 days ago and it told me I was offline even though I was surfing the internet with no problems on Chrome, I uninstalled the app to see if that would make the problem go away bu...

• Opened up the Spotify desktop app for my laptop running Windows 10 about 2 days ago and it told me I was offline even though I was surfing the internet with no problems on Chrome, I uninstalled the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Solved] How to get the full list of genres ?

Hi all, I like to use the "genre:Blues" keyword in the search field, but some main genres are not searchable (i.e. Indie, World, Rock, etc...). So I was wondering where can I get the full list of searchable genres. Thanks, spotify:user:ponsfrilus

• Regular
  • Hi all,    I like to use the "genre:Blues" keyword in the search field, but some main genres are not searchable (i.e. Indie, World, Rock, etc...). So I was wondering where can I get the f...
  • Sadra-Es
  • Gig Goer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

'Just a few steps left!' sidebar not going away

Sign Up, Search A Song and Create A Playlist are all checked off, but Play A Song and Add 5 songs to Playlist won't check even after I do those tasks.Tried restarting client (im on Windows 10) and restarting my PC to no avail.Any help is appreciated!

• Sign Up, Search A Song and Create A Playlist are all checked off, but Play A Song and Add 5 songs to Playlist won't check even after I do those tasks. Tried restarting client (im on Windows 10) and ...
  • rachelforever23
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes