Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Gapless playback for desktop is too sensitive.

Hey Forum, I have noticed for a number of songs there is a silence at the end however, Spotify does not skip the song if it detects a miniscule sound. Many songs have very tiny unnoticable sounds (Can check with with Audacity) which stop the Gapless ...

• Regular
  • Hey Forum,   I have noticed for a number of songs there is a silence at the end however, Spotify does not skip the song if it detects a miniscule sound. Many songs have very tiny unnoticable s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play some local files

Hello,I am having a problem with my local files on Spotify. I just put some new .mp3 files in my music folder and was going to use them in a playlist in Spotify. They show up in the "Local Files" in Spotify but I can't listen to them. I always get th...

• Hello, I am having a problem with my local files on Spotify. I just put some new .mp3 files in my music folder and was going to use them in a playlist in Spotify. They show up in the "Local Files" i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download all my music Windows

I want to download all the songs I have in my repertoire to the computer, but I do not know how.The only thing I found was to download PlayList ...In any case, as I do to create a PlayList of all my songs without having to add one by one, thanks for ...

• I want to download all the songs I have in my repertoire to the computer, but I do not know how. The only thing I found was to download PlayList ... In any case, as I do to create a PlayList of all...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Antivirus delets spotify from PC

I have Spotify Premium, however, few months ago my antivirus deleted it and blocks download. Error code 13: The installer is unnable to install Spotify, because the necessary files could not be created. I have tried all the suggestions regarding this...

• I have Spotify Premium, however, few months ago my antivirus deleted it and blocks download. Error code 13: The installer is unnable to install Spotify, because the necessary files could not be ...
  • RoZe256
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow download WINDOWS spotify (PC)

Hello, I'm on Spotify premium for family in almost 7 months, however I'm having trouble dowloading tracks. In my phone, It is easier, downloading is faster, because my internet is 10MBps, but in my laptop, I installed the Spotify app, and I have almo...

• Hello, I'm on Spotify premium for family in almost 7 months, however I'm having trouble dowloading tracks. In my phone, It is easier, downloading is faster, because my internet is 10MBps, but in my l...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect For Desktop App not working anymore

I run Spotify desktop app on Windows 10 and have used Spotify Connect to control Volumio on a Raspberry Pi. Since a couple of days, I cannot connect to these devices anymore because they are not detected by the desktop app. Everything still works ok ...

• Casual Listener
  • I run Spotify desktop app on Windows 10 and have used Spotify Connect to control Volumio on a Raspberry Pi. Since a couple of days, I cannot connect to these devices anymore because they are not dete...
  • lvankampen123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums start over from the beginning before finishing the album

I've noticed a problem recently where I will play an album and I will randomly hear the first song again. This will lead me to check Spotify and realize that the album started over even though it hadn't finished yet (and I have both repeat and shuffl...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed a problem recently where I will play an album and I will randomly hear the first song again. This will lead me to check Spotify and realize that the album started over even though it had...
  • dompan
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution (Windows desktop) updates clear the queue and the history

Every new update clears both the history and the queue. Windows (7 & 10), version 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24 (for example).

• Music Fan
  • Every new update clears both the history and the queue.     Windows (7 & 10), version 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24 (for example).      
  • mcc1ane
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Windows 10 desktop app won't reinstall

Opened up the Spotify desktop app for my laptop running Windows 10 about 2 days ago and it told me I was offline even though I was surfing the internet with no problems on Chrome, I uninstalled the app to see if that would make the problem go away bu...

• Opened up the Spotify desktop app for my laptop running Windows 10 about 2 days ago and it told me I was offline even though I was surfing the internet with no problems on Chrome, I uninstalled the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Solved] How to get the full list of genres ?

Hi all, I like to use the "genre:Blues" keyword in the search field, but some main genres are not searchable (i.e. Indie, World, Rock, etc...). So I was wondering where can I get the full list of searchable genres. Thanks, spotify:user:ponsfrilus

• Regular
  • Hi all,    I like to use the "genre:Blues" keyword in the search field, but some main genres are not searchable (i.e. Indie, World, Rock, etc...). So I was wondering where can I get the f...
  • Sadra-Es
  • Gig Goer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

'Just a few steps left!' sidebar not going away

Sign Up, Search A Song and Create A Playlist are all checked off, but Play A Song and Add 5 songs to Playlist won't check even after I do those tasks.Tried restarting client (im on Windows 10) and restarting my PC to no avail.Any help is appreciated!

• Sign Up, Search A Song and Create A Playlist are all checked off, but Play A Song and Add 5 songs to Playlist won't check even after I do those tasks. Tried restarting client (im on Windows 10) and ...
  • rachelforever23
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Latest update UI is unusable

After Spotify updated (1.0.62.508), UI is not responding to: right click, drag & drop, sliding (volume bar, scroll), double click, and sometimes the clicks respond on the window below, as if Spotify was not in front. I made a fresh reinstall and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • After Spotify updated (1.0.62.508), UI is not responding to: right click, drag & drop, sliding (volume bar, scroll), double click, and sometimes the clicks respond on the window below, as if Spot...
  • mdonahue
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Desktop stays totally black

Spotify in the later version stays totally black in the desktop version after it upgraded to do latest version today, it just shows a clack page and makes sounds like if a key is stuck and just repeats doing that until closed. I read that the problem...

• Spotify in the later version stays totally black in the desktop version after it upgraded to do latest version today, it just shows a clack page and makes sounds like if a key is stuck and just repea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify support is lying about IE11

In this post:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-use-the-Web-Player-from-Internet-Explorer-11/idi-p/1958916/page/7#commentsThe moderator @JuanSebastian says the new web browser was deployed a few weeks ago and the other web browser...

• Casual Listener
  • In this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-use-the-Web-Player-from-Internet-Explorer-11/idi-p/1958916/page/7#comments The moderator @JuanSebastian says the new web browser...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't complete tasks shown on the right bar

So I installed Spotify app today, and for some reason I can't get rid of tasks on the right bar even though I completed them all. The ones that I can't trigger are "Play a song" and "Add 5 songs to playlist".

• Casual Listener
  • So I installed Spotify app today, and for some reason I can't get rid of tasks on the right bar even though I completed them all. The ones that I can't trigger are "Play a song" and "Add 5 songs to p...
  • wolh
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows 7] Spotify no longer leaves on repeat 1 song when I change song

Like the title suggests, I can turn on repeat 1 song, but when I change the song it turns it off. It never used to do that and it's very annoying. I like to have it repeat the same song until I choose to switch it or unless I turn it off, but now it ...

• Like the title suggests, I can turn on repeat 1 song, but when I change the song it turns it off. It never used to do that and it's very annoying. I like to have it repeat the same song until I choos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

doctorweb

l antivirus DoctorWeb voit le virus win32.kme.based dans la derniere mise a jour de spotify, meme en forcant l installation, l antivirus bloque de nouveau au demmarage de spotify pour le meme virus

• l antivirus DoctorWeb voit le virus win32.kme.based dans la derniere mise a jour de spotify, meme en forcant l installation, l antivirus bloque de nouveau au demmarage de spotify pour le meme vi...
  • lion9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What's on Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data

Hi, I changed my "Offline Songs Storage" in my settings and restarted, I then downloaded a few songs and didn't expect my Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data to be filled with 700mo ? My OS drive is installed on a SSD and I don't want to use it for nothing, e...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I changed my "Offline Songs Storage" in my settings and restarted, I then downloaded a few songs and didn't expect my Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data to be filled with 700mo ?   M...
  • strombilder
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Repeat One not working anymore!

For starters, I am using the desktop app on windows 7. Ever since I updated Spotify (to the September update), Repeat One hasn't been working. For example, If I have Repeat One on while I'm playing a song, whenever I change the song for some reason R...

• For starters, I am using the desktop app on windows 7.   Ever since I updated Spotify (to the September update), Repeat One hasn't been working. For example, If I have Repeat One on while...
  • TTSteve
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify App Using Alternate Name

Hi! I have been encountering a problem while using the Spotify Windows application. When I login to Spotify through Facebook, the app uses my alternate Chinese Mandarin name instead of my birth name on Facebook. I've tried deleting my alternate name ...

• Visitor
  • Hi!   I have been encountering a problem while using the Spotify Windows application. When I login to Spotify through Facebook, the app uses my alternate Chinese Mandarin name instead of my bi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes