Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify support is lying about IE11

In this post:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-use-the-Web-Player-from-Internet-Explorer-11/idi-p/1958916/page/7#commentsThe moderator @JuanSebastian says the new web browser was deployed a few weeks ago and the other web browser...

• Casual Listener
  • In this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-use-the-Web-Player-from-Internet-Explorer-11/idi-p/1958916/page/7#comments The moderator @JuanSebastian says the new web browser...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't complete tasks shown on the right bar

So I installed Spotify app today, and for some reason I can't get rid of tasks on the right bar even though I completed them all. The ones that I can't trigger are "Play a song" and "Add 5 songs to playlist".

• Casual Listener
  • So I installed Spotify app today, and for some reason I can't get rid of tasks on the right bar even though I completed them all. The ones that I can't trigger are "Play a song" and "Add 5 songs to p...
  • wolh
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows 7] Spotify no longer leaves on repeat 1 song when I change song

Like the title suggests, I can turn on repeat 1 song, but when I change the song it turns it off. It never used to do that and it's very annoying. I like to have it repeat the same song until I choose to switch it or unless I turn it off, but now it ...

• Like the title suggests, I can turn on repeat 1 song, but when I change the song it turns it off. It never used to do that and it's very annoying. I like to have it repeat the same song until I choos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

doctorweb

l antivirus DoctorWeb voit le virus win32.kme.based dans la derniere mise a jour de spotify, meme en forcant l installation, l antivirus bloque de nouveau au demmarage de spotify pour le meme virus

• l antivirus DoctorWeb voit le virus win32.kme.based dans la derniere mise a jour de spotify, meme en forcant l installation, l antivirus bloque de nouveau au demmarage de spotify pour le meme vi...
  • lion9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What's on Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data

Hi, I changed my "Offline Songs Storage" in my settings and restarted, I then downloaded a few songs and didn't expect my Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data to be filled with 700mo ? My OS drive is installed on a SSD and I don't want to use it for nothing, e...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I changed my "Offline Songs Storage" in my settings and restarted, I then downloaded a few songs and didn't expect my Appdata/Local/Spotify/Data to be filled with 700mo ?   M...
  • strombilder
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Repeat One not working anymore!

For starters, I am using the desktop app on windows 7. Ever since I updated Spotify (to the September update), Repeat One hasn't been working. For example, If I have Repeat One on while I'm playing a song, whenever I change the song for some reason R...

• For starters, I am using the desktop app on windows 7.   Ever since I updated Spotify (to the September update), Repeat One hasn't been working. For example, If I have Repeat One on while...
  • TTSteve
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify App Using Alternate Name

Hi! I have been encountering a problem while using the Spotify Windows application. When I login to Spotify through Facebook, the app uses my alternate Chinese Mandarin name instead of my birth name on Facebook. I've tried deleting my alternate name ...

• Visitor
  • Hi!   I have been encountering a problem while using the Spotify Windows application. When I login to Spotify through Facebook, the app uses my alternate Chinese Mandarin name instead of my bi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I completely uninstall Spotify??

This is ridiculous! When I try to open spotify, I get the mesage "The Spotify application is not responding." I can uninstall it via the control panel. I have tried deleting the root file and it says Spotify is still open and must be closed, however,...

• Casual Listener
  • This is ridiculous!  When I try to open spotify, I get the mesage "The Spotify application is not responding."  I can uninstall it via the control panel.  I have tried deleting the roo...
  • eblackrose00
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify player won't launch properly on Windows 10

Hi all. I jhave Windows 10 and recently my spotify player will not properly launch on ym computer. This started about 2 weeks ago. However the spotify player had been working fine before that. I have reinstalled spotify several times with no luck. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all. I jhave Windows 10 and recently my spotify player will not properly launch on ym computer. This started about 2 weeks ago. However the spotify player had been working fine before that. I have...
  • dafanz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot find DSOUND.DLL

I've searching the web for this to fix but no luck. tried reinstalling directx, installed latest graphics card, reinstalling spotify. Your response is greatly appreciated. Thanks

spotify error.PNG
  • I've searching the web for this to fix but no luck. tried reinstalling directx, installed latest graphics card, reinstalling spotify. Your response is greatly appreciated. Thanks     ...
  • thomasb2602
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory Leak?

So I'm currently using v1.0.5.186 and after ~2 days my spotify was using 3,8GB Ram. I restarted the client and after a few hours I'm again close to 1gb. Fix it please

wow.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So I'm currently using v1.0.5.186 and after ~2 days my spotify was using 3,8GB Ram. I restarted the client and after a few hours I'm again close to 1gb.  Fix it please 🙂
  • ConnyJ
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes

Ecualizador por favor!!

Soy usuario de Windows 10, y una de las razones pro las que no utilizo mucho spotify es qeu no tiene ecualizador, lo cual me parece algo basico en cualquier programa de reproducción de musica, la pregunta es, ¿Algun dia se ira a implementar? y si no ...

• Casual Listener
  • Soy usuario de Windows 10, y una de las razones pro las que no utilizo mucho spotify es qeu no tiene ecualizador, lo cual me parece algo basico en cualquier programa de reproducción de musica, la pre...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Your Daily Mix Crashes Client in Windows

Starting the spotify desktop client work just fine.Since I enjoy the "Your Daily Mix" this is my normal go-to selection.Every time for the last 2-3 weeks, when I select this option, the entire spotify client shuts down without any error messages or a...

• Starting the spotify desktop client work just fine. Since I enjoy the "Your Daily Mix" this is my normal go-to selection. Every time for the last 2-3 weeks, when I select this option, the entire sp...
  • nu705
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New users sidebar tasks stuck at 60%.

New premium account and I've notice this % dial on the right. However hard I try I can't get rid of it. Five tasks; sign up, search a song, play a song, create a playlist, add 5 songs to a playlist. I've signed up and created and added five songs to ...

• New premium account and I've notice this % dial on the right. However hard I try I can't get rid of it. Five tasks; sign up, search a song, play a song, create a playlist, add 5 songs to a playlist. ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium stops playing between each song

I've seen a few other posts on this issue, but none seemed to have a satisfactory answer. In essense, Spotify (I have a premium account) stops playing between songs, sometimes randomly, sometimes between every song. It will display the next song in t...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen a few other posts on this issue, but none seemed to have a satisfactory answer.   In essense, Spotify (I have a premium account) stops playing between songs, sometimes randomly, so...
  • Morphea
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes

why does my laptop still show premium after i cancelled it

i cancelled the 99ct subscription the day it expired.I can login on all my devices with a free account and don´t have any issues.but on one laptop it keeps showing the premium in the header and i the player says offline mode

• i cancelled the 99ct subscription the day it expired. I can login on all my devices with a free account and don´t have any issues. but on one laptop it keeps showing the premium in the header and i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Single click "Add To Queue"

Please add the ability to "Add To Queue" via a single click on a song, playlist, album, etc. in the desktop client, rather than hiding it as the first item under the ellipsis menu. I realize that may be a problem since the "+" symbol is already in us...

• Casual Listener
  • Please add the ability to "Add To Queue" via a single click on a song, playlist, album, etc. in the desktop client, rather than hiding it as the first item under the ellipsis menu.  I realize th...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Local file no option to download (Windows)

As you can see in the photo, I have downloaded the playlist on my desktop but the second last song will not download despite my best efforts. Any reason why? It doesn't appear on my iPhone playlist as a song although if I shuffle through the playlist...

Spotify troubleshooting.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   As you can see in the photo, I have downloaded the playlist on my desktop but the second last song will not download despite my best efforts. Any reason why? It doesn't appear on my iPhone ...
  • james010101
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Media Keys no longer functioning on keyboard

Hi all,i know this has been posted about a bit already,however other peoples solutions do not work with me as i do not have good play as an extention as far as i can see.the only thing i could think of it being is either Geforce shadow play, but that...

• Hi all, i know this has been posted about a bit already, however other peoples solutions do not work with me as i do not have good play as an extention as far as i can see. the only thing i could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Current Version Info

Is there an easy way to determine if there's a more recent version than what I have installed? I've looked all over and haven't found anything that will simply state "current version X.X.X.X" . . .

• Regular
  • Is there an easy way to determine if there's a more recent version than what I have installed? I've looked all over and haven't found anything that will simply state "current version X.X.X.X" . . .
  • DalhousieGuy
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes