Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

How to get rid of ALL offline songs

Ok, I accidentally selected the c:\ drive for the source of my offline songs, and now it added litterally EVERY SINGLE MP3, M4V, AND MP4 file on my c:\. Is there any way I can get rid of them all at once? Thanks, Jayde

• Ok, I accidentally selected the c:\ drive for the source of my offline songs, and now it added litterally EVERY SINGLE MP3, M4V, AND MP4 file on my c:\.   Is there any way I can get rid of the...
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't dismiss annoying pop-up banners

I'm using the desktop client on windows 10, and every now then there is a pop-up banner that reminds me that sound feature is available in settings. It would be helpful for new users, but the problem is I can't dismiss it. Clicking on the X does noth...

• I'm using the desktop client on windows 10, and every now then there is a pop-up banner that reminds me that sound feature is available in settings. It would be helpful for new users, but the problem...
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" error keeps popping up

I've been getting the "Can't play the current song" error over and over again on the desktop app. My connection is fine, I've logged in and out multiple times, I restarted the app multiple times and I just removed and reinstalled the app but nothing ...

• I've been getting the "Can't play the current song" error over and over again on the desktop app. My connection is fine, I've logged in and out multiple times, I restarted the app multiple times and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC (win 10) device connect to PS4?

Hello, I've been searching for a bit, and I can't seem to find a definative answer. Are you able to connect to PS4 via spotify device connect? I'm able to see and connect via my mac, but when I try to on my PC, running the latest version of windows 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I've been searching for a bit, and I can't seem to find a definative answer. Are you able to connect to PS4 via spotify device connect? I'm able to see and connect via my mac, but when ...
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

My profile and playlist got erased

I had windows 7 and my spotify was working well, but then I got the windows 10 and had to install spotify again, and when I logged in my account was completely in blank, I had no playlists. Basically my spotify on tablet and phone was the same, but o...

• I had windows 7 and my spotify was working well, but then I got the windows 10 and had to install spotify again, and when I logged in my account was completely in blank, I had no playlists. Basically...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search on windows 10 app not working

Every time I try to do a search for something like "Country or Rock" I get this error message. "An error occurred. please try searching again."

• Regular
  • Every time I try to do a search for something like "Country or Rock" I get this error message. "An error occurred. please try searching again."
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat One Not Working

I would be listening to a song in a playlist and have the song on repeat. When I would click on another song to listen to, it would keep the repeat one on. However now if I were to change the song, it only keeps the playlist on repeat and not the son...

• Regular
  • I would be listening to a song in a playlist and have the song on repeat. When I would click on another song to listen to, it would keep the repeat one on.   However now if I were to change th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files missing

Too often local files that are in my selected directory will be missing. Most of the time its one or two files. They are in the directory and when I turn off the source for the directory, and re-add it, the songs will show up but it happens for too o...

• Too often local files that are in my selected directory will be missing. Most of the time its one or two files. They are in the directory and when I turn off the source for the directory, and re-add ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Most songs not playing in playlist.

I have a playlist with 839 songs in it made by myself, and I'm too frequently hearing the same songs and at that I'm not hearing some at all. any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist with 839 songs in it made by myself, and I'm too frequently hearing the same songs and at that I'm not hearing some at all. any help?
  • HastalaMason
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file song recognisation

The song "All I Do" by Logic in my local files (because I downloaded the mixtape "Young Sinatra") has been auto-detected and linked to a song on an album called "Now That's Frat Rap, Vol 3". It seems this album though has only two songs which can be ...

• The song "All I Do" by Logic in my local files (because I downloaded the mixtape "Young Sinatra") has been auto-detected and linked to a song on an album called "Now That's Frat Rap, Vol 3". It seems...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Program Files damaged

hi guys, i'm sorry if this question already been answered. but i tried to surf to the community site and haven't found any solution for this issue. i tried to open my spotify today, and it prompted that my spotify program file has become damaged, may...

• hi guys, i'm sorry if this question already been answered. but i tried to surf to the community site and haven't found any solution for this issue.   i tried to open my spotify today, and it p...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Sync music to Ipod Nano 2. Gen

Hello there! I am wondering can I sync my musics to Ipod Nano 2. Gen ? I successfully detected my Ipod on ITunes but nothing showed up on Spotify. I heard that it is done back in the day but how about now? Thanks for answers.

• Hello there! I am wondering can I sync my musics to Ipod Nano 2. Gen ? I successfully detected my Ipod on ITunes but nothing showed up on Spotify. I heard that it is done back in the day but how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Screen Problem NEW ISSUES

Hi there, When I start Spotify I get a blank black screen and the Windows error sound plays repeatedly. I turned off Hardware Acceleration (per this solution) and it has at least stopped the annoying error sound, but I still get the black screen. Nex...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi there, When I start Spotify I get a blank black screen and the Windows error sound plays repeatedly. I turned off Hardware Acceleration (per this solution) and it has at least stopped the annoying...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume too low

I have my spotify and windows volume at 100 and its super low, to the point where the music is not enjoyable. I bellieve its not fixable because its Spotify's normalazation but its just way too low. Its only pushing my headphones to 40% volume. Its j...

• I have my spotify and windows volume at 100 and its super low, to the point where the music is not enjoyable. I bellieve its not fixable because its Spotify's normalazation but its just way too low. ...
  • CyberTootie
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Mouse

I can't do anything with my mouse other than left click and move it. I can't scroll or use anything else

• Casual Listener
  • I can't do anything with my mouse other than left click and move it. I can't scroll or use anything else
  • LuxrayTheWolf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug on window when plugging monitor

Every time I connect my monitor, if spotify is open on my notebook's screen then the window gets a cut on bottom and rigth. The buttons still works but I can't see them. Reducing the window size makes they appear. It seems Spotify gets limited by my ...

• Every time I connect my monitor, if spotify is open on my notebook's screen then the window gets a cut on bottom and rigth. The buttons still works but I can't see them. Reducing the window size make...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Esta canción no está disponible, si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo

Después de buscar hilos sobre este asunto, desde ayer que se actualizó día 5 la app de Windows 10, he probado todo lo que he encontrado en este soporte de ayuda. Nada, imposible ¿Hay que esperar alguna actualización de la app por algún error en ella?...

• Después de buscar hilos sobre este asunto, desde ayer que se actualizó día 5 la app de Windows 10, he probado todo lo que he encontrado en este soporte de ayuda.  Nada, imposible 😞   ¿H...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs gone from playlist (not shown with "show unavailable songs")

I noticed today that one of my playlists have been severely truncated with only songs I've added this year. I can't see them as unavailable as I can with songs that were removed from spotify. Is there anyway I can see the activity of a playlist (adde...

• Regular
  • I noticed today that one of my playlists have been severely truncated with only songs I've added this year. I can't see them as unavailable as I can with songs that were removed from spotify. Is ther...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song titles not showing for some local files.

I've just downloaded Chante The Rappers 'Acid Rap' and added it to my local files. 5 of the songs however do not show song titles. I've tried the following:Opening and closing SpotifyDeleting the files from the source folder and readding themDeleting...

spotify.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I've just downloaded Chante The Rappers 'Acid Rap' and added it to my local files. 5 of the songs however do not show song titles. I've tried the following: Opening and closing Spotify Deleti...
  • jooshwah
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution My country don't have radio button it's will available in the future ?

Now I use Sportify from Thailand I seen review it's have radio feature then I want to try but It's don't have button in android app and desktop app like thisis it available in the future ? and how long is it ?and Spotify block music for some other co...

• Casual Listener
  • Now I use Sportify from Thailand I seen review it's have radio feature then I want to try but It's don't have button in android app and desktop app like this is it available in the future ? a...
  • Demoz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes