Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop version 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This has been an ongoing issue for me- I will try to play an album by an artist and unless the album or song I'm attempting to play is "liked"(saved in my library somehow?), it will not play. 

I have performed and uninstall and reinstall and still seeing this issue. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tracks 1-7 play as expected, when track 8 should play, playback stops

2020-12-03 08_57_34-QAV-001699 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg2020-12-03 08_57_50-QAV-001699 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg

1 Reply

Hey there @,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you make sure the hosts file on the device doesn't have any entries with 'Spotify'? Here's the steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If the device has multiple sound cards, install/update the drivers for each card.

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts