Playing music on the installed Spotify app crashes and reboots computer

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Windows 10, 16 Ram, Ryzen 5

My Question or Issue

Whenever I use the Spotify App(from windows store or the installer) and I play a song, it plays for several seconds before everything freezes, makes a buzzing noise and reboots the whole computer.

I tried Enabling or Disabling hardware acceleration, doesn't seem to make a difference. Using the website works perfectly. I'm not even getting a bluescreen or any error.

App version 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @memmorex

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Have you tried running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Let us know if this helped you resolve the issue and we'll provide you with further steps if necessary. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @memmorex

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Have you tried running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Let us know if this helped you resolve the issue and we'll provide you with further steps if necessary. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Suggested posts