Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi! This started a few days ago; When I'm scrolling on a playlist the currently playing song is no longer highlighted in green. This is not an issue on mobile, nor is it an issue on albums. I'm wondering if I changed a setting that I'm unaware of? Either way I'd really like that feature back because it makes finding songs on a playlist easier. Thank you!

Julie Andrews - I Have Confidence 6_21_2020 5_52_00 PM.png
12 Replies

Same issue here. Started weeks ago, maybe a couple months. Very annoying. I need to look in the bottom left corner to see the current song, then find it in the playlist when I want to see how much music is left in the list/album.

Hey @mpsspot and @Dude_Sweet,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

• Restart the Spotify app. 

• Log out and back in. 

• Check the app is up-to-date.

• Reinstall the app.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

• If possible, try a different internet connection.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Will follow recommendations when next at my computers, but note that this "issue" occurs on 3 different PCs. Somehow I believe this is a new "feature".

Hey @Dude_Sweet,

Thanks for replying. 

We can confirm we're not able to reproduce it while using the Desktop app, so at this point it'd also be good for you to access a different Spotify account using the same devices/PCs you already tested. If there's something going on with your account specifically, this should highlight it. 

We'll look out for your updated and be here for anything else as well in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

This is still an issue.
Very simple, pick any playlist, click it once to see the list. Then double click it, the song playing is not marked green.

This could very well be an issue with too many playlists, same as when you have over X songs in a playlist, and click the playing song on the bottom right it brings you like 20 songs above to song that is actually playing.

Can't you guys copy an account and try then? This has been an issue for years.

This happened to me also on the APP when streaming via SPOTIFY CONNECT to my Yamaha. 
Or when I had a call during streaming, synchro between the app and the stream disappeared

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We've tried replicating this on our end, however we can't get the same results.

@QuentinCdn, Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far and also if this happen in other scenarios than the described above?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi, I use the Desktop app under Linux and miss the green title showing too. I tried restarting / reinstalling the app, but now I found out that the green title disappears, when switching to my Onkyo net-receiver and comes back when hearing from my computer.

Would be nice, if changing that would be possible.

Hi @MrPong,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Since this help board is specific for Windows and the OS you're using is Linux, please start by checking this article with multiple troubleshooting options.

If the issue persists, please open a new thread on the Linux board, this way we can assist you better.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

I have had this problem for weeks now, on the Mac Desktop App. For example, I add a song from Daily Mix 1 to Playlist "Example Playlist". When I play that song in Example Playlist, it will turn green and play. When I go to Daily Mix 1 where that same song is also listed, it will NOT be green. This is very annoying. Please fix.

I have the same issue when I play content on another device than my laptop. You'll see in this screen record, I start playing on the desktop and all works well, then I switch to another device and the status of the currently playing song disappears.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out in this thread.

@jaguarondi1 - We appreciate the video, as it gives us a better understanding of what's happening! We tried to recreate this from our end, however, we were unable to. In this case, it's possible that this is related to your specific setup.

To make sure we cover all bases, however, there's a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Hope this helps! If anything else appears, we're just a post away.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts