Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Privacy - security concerns against Spotify

Privacy - security concerns against Spotify

Hi

How can I permanently hide my activity from being broadcasted to the world, on a permanent basis and not for 6 hours periods? Also, if a list is private, will the songs being played from that list be shown on the activity feeds?

In the case both previous answers don´t allow privacy to be set properly by users as they wish (as I suspect), wanted to ask if Spotify realizes it breaches not only its users privacy concerns but may undermine their own security? You understand anyone can know any user habits and even if they are away or at home by intrusively understanding their Spotify patterns with the company collaboration? What does Spotify have to say about this?

4 Replies

Hey @coolstream! Thanks for reaching out.

Privacy is very important and Spotify gets that. You can turn off: 'Publish my activity on Spotify' in 'Spotify > Preferences > Social'. Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 13.39.57.png

Give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ok thanks Huib. So what differentiates that from the privacy on/off option, or putting it in other terms, what does the privacy tab (max on 6 hours at at time), when off, does not hide?

Hey @coolstream!

'Publish your activity on Spotify' is to publish what you listen to in Friend Feed. Songs you listen to in Private Mode will also not be taken into your recommendations. This option is also until you turn it on again.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks again Huib, although I don´t think the difference between the two options is still totally clear.

Suggested posts