Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private Session Not Working Properly

Solved!

Private Session Not Working Properly

I've discovered an interesting bug in the desktop version of Spotify in Windows 8. I've only had the chance to test it from there so far, so I don't know if this affects other OS's or not. Anyway, I've found that if I listen to music in a private session and close Spotify while in the private mode, it posts to Facebook the last track I listened to as soon as I reopen Spotify. I just spent some time testing this because I'd noticed my activity feed had some random tracks showing up from time to time. I'd say this is a fairly significant bug as it defeats the purpose of having a private session in the first place.

I'm using version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 of Spotify.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It looks like this is fixed in a future update. Stay tuned!

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll escalate this to see if anyone can reproduce it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks @dinomight I've requested a bug be submitted.

Community Ergo Sum

I have a similar issue in Windows 7, but it happens to me whether I have been in a private session or not. I posted at the following link before I realised this thread was here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-scrobbling-and-posting-last-song-...

@t4strain wrote:

I have a similar issue in Windows 7, but it happens to me whether I have been in a private session or not. I posted at the following link before I realised this thread was here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-scrobbling-and-posting-last-song-...

I hadn't even thought to test what happens when I'm not in private mode, but that makes a lot of sense as nothing else from private mode shows up, but whenever I open Spotify it does automatically load the song that had last been playing, so I'm sure there's a connection there.

dinomightSpotify Star
Marked as solution

It looks like this is fixed in a future update. Stay tuned!

Community Ergo Sum

Good to hear. Thanks for looking into it!

dinomightSpotify Star

Help!!!!!! I can no longer share music with friends in a private message on Facebook. Why?  HELP!!!!!

@mark-33 wrote:

Help!!!!!! I can no longer share music with friends in a private message on Facebook. Why?  HELP!!!!!

This has been escalated as an issue with the Spotify team 😉 

Most recent escalated topic is here but I can confirm the Spotify staff are aware and looking into this.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts