Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with Messages

Problems with Messages

I have an HP Windows 8 laptop and a Spotify Premium account.

My friend and I have been sending songs back and forth for about a year using Private Messaging, but recently the songs he sends me still have "You haven't played this yet" under them even after playing them all the way through several times.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app several times and playing the songs again, but it still says the same thing. I have tried listening to them on the Web Player as well. I  have the mobile app on my iPhone 5, and when I play them on my phone the notification goes away. 

We can still send each other messages, but with each new message I'm having the same problem. 

My account number is 1258873911 and I have version 0.9.12.10. 

Please help!

spotify1.png
spotify2.png
3 Replies

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi!

I tried a clean reinstallation and it didn't change anything 😞

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts