Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Solved!

Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Hi all,

just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8

Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nicer on the eyes, but for whatever reason all the text has got bigger, meaning less tracks on my screen to choose from etc. plus my playlist list is HUGE to scroll through now, thanks to the larger font. Not ideal, albeit better to look at..... Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,

81 Replies

@brudy wrote:

What happened to the share button down in the lower left by what's currently playing? Now I can only share by right-clicking? What does that + thing buy me at this poitn? More random UI changes it seems...

I'm at version .9.8.258.

I also have to say the last few versions have been extremely slow, especially around discovery. Like I don't even bother anymore.

With plus (+) you can add album or single release to Collection! Give it a try - go for it Smile

Hope this helps.

Let the music do the job! Rock

If you didnt have the Collection feature, the Plus button will add songs to a playlist named Recently Saved. And that sucks!

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

where do i get the 0.9.8 version? 

It was rolled out randomly for testing only. However you can try an unofficial version here. I got mine from that too :D. Cheers.

Mod edit: removed link to client download hosted externally. This is against our Community Guidelines and we don't recommend downloading Spotify from anywhere else than our site.

When will the update be officially released??? I'm using the windows desktop and nothing has changed on it. My new releases page hasn't been updated since November last year, when I search for artists that have new music out, the new music doesn't appear. I tried downloading over the existing player and it's all still the same. No new music, or new artist, same screen since November 2013. 

@jasms wrote:

When will the update be officially released??? I'm using the windows desktop and nothing has changed on it. My new releases page hasn't been updated since November last year, when I search for artists that have new music out, the new music doesn't appear. I tried downloading over the existing player and it's all still the same. No new music, or new artist, same screen since November 2013. 

Download and install an older 9.x release from Filehorse or Filehippo.  You can install directly over your existing version.  It will update within an hour or so, then restart to install the most current version.  You may or may not get 0.9.8.x, but its worth a shot.

To force new release updates, you may want to try a clean install.

The offline installer link is still pointing to 0.9.7.16.  The new version should be 35 mb or so, the old one is 31.2 mb.  Save this link and check it every few days or so.

http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

0.9.8.270 is out now.

@Rollo_ wrote:

0.9.8.270 is out now.

where do you get that version?

Marked as solution

joeszef wrote:

It updated on its own, the 4th 0.9.8 version I've seen so far.  I'm in the Collections [Your Music] beta group, so that may explain it.

• The high CPU usage seems to be gone when the Activity Feed doesn't load.  It isn't loading at the moment.  This might be the main improvement of the new version.
  • Still no filtering on Artist pages.
  • Still no Album support in Playlists.
  • Still can't see Starred tracks within playlists, just the "+" sign, no indication what tracks are Starred, only a check mark indicating a track is included in "Your Music."  I hope they are not going to phase out the Starred list completely.

No major differences I can see offhand.  Back to 0.8.3.

Thanks so much for the help!! They must be saving a ton having people use the community instead of having a call center.

@Rollo_ wrote:
joeszef wrote:

It updated on its own, the 4th 0.9.8 version I've seen so far.  I'm in the Collections [Your Music] beta group, so that may explain it.

• The high CPU usage seems to be gone when the Activity Feed doesn't load.  It isn't loading at the moment.  This might be the main improvement of the new version.
  • Still no filtering on Artist pages.
  • Still no Album support in Playlists.
  • Still can't see Starred tracks within playlists, just the "+" sign, no indication what tracks are Starred, only a check mark indicating a track is included in "Your Music."  I hope they are not going to phase out the Starred list completely.

No major differences I can see offhand.  Back to 0.8.3.

got it thanks!

Is it possible to scroll in playlist using touch yet?

any new build for 0.9.8 series? 

It's still in Beta testing at the moment.

just got new 0.9.8... HATE it...

you love the retina burning white on almost black great... keep it...

make a user theme for **bleep**s sake! or have a "if it ain't broke" setting..

I registered for community for the first time ever and cancelled premium over this... yes I hate it that much

I wonder why we are not texting white on black everywhere? Newspapers, schoolbooks, instruction-manuals, this message...

Ah yes, you figured it out, did you..?

Does anyone know if you can make the new "saved songs" in the artist/song/album section, not playlists, available offline?

Thanks. 

Please restore at least starring mechanism to the old one. Now I don't even know which song I starred and which I did not. 

About the theme: I think you should give people ability to choose the theme they want(old, new one) in settings.

@sophiem

We cant do that for now. Maybe it will be a new feature coming in time 😄

Hi,

My Spotify just updated to 0.9.8 and so far my main issue is with the profile: playlists arranged by number of followers and not however I want them to be, playlist thumbnails on the profile only show the first song and not a mosaic, and everything is too big in general. (Why non-Facebook users can't have a profile picture still?)

Anyway, we'll see...

Suggested posts