Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

TheSnoopyBeagle
Regular

I want to to test the new design to in Spotify 0.9.8, When new design looks nice!

1 person liked this

Crimson

Really want to try this update so if anyone has a link to the installer it would be much appreciated. (if that type of thing is allowed) 

TheLuckiest

I too would love to test out the new User Interface. As a UI/UX designer, I'm really curious to see how it turned out! Any way we can get the update posted here or force an update ourselves?

1 person liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

To be honest my spotify was upgraded a minute ago and I must say it is **bleep**ed up :( the new interface is horrible. My monitor is 1680x1050 and I see 12 song rows. Everything is huge! Why??? I have a mouse pointer, I'm not using touch screen.

Before all my albums were fit on one page, now I must use scroll to see them.

This is a mistake. Is there ANY way to get back to old interface? Not everybody want to have album title on a half of the display!

:/

xxx.png

adriank1410
Roadie

Could you please upload this version? Would be great, thanks :)

Floris2310
Regular

It's unfortunate they didn't include an option for setting the font size. I don't think they have any other choice actually. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a complaint from someone who had an 2560x1440 monitor (or in that neighbourhood), he had trouble to see the text because everything was too small. I imagine he is now satisfied with the new look but now people with lower-res screens are only seeing 15-20 songs at a time.

Since we are in a transition period where slowly but surely higher-res screens are being adopted but lower-res screens are still being used by the majority of people, their will always be someone who is not satisfied. An option for setting the font size would help a lot I imagine.

Although I have not tested the new version yet :)

brudy
Roadie

Not true, Floris. If they had any kind of UX management, Spotify would modify the font and spacing sizes based on resolution. It's called responsive design and it's easy as hell. Again, pure laziness from a planning and UX side from Spotify. I'm dreading this update and may go back to blocking updates.

Floris2310
Regular

@brudy well that would even better of course! :)

1 person liked this

jelles1988
Regular

Font size is changeable in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data\resources.zip 

In the zip is a skin.xml file. There you can change the font family and font size, but i haven't found an option to adjust spacing. Does someone know where that is located? Smaller fonts have no use if the spacing stays the same...

LordDeath86
Roadie

I think we lost a feature:

Previously there was a "X more releases" button for alternative releases of the same album. This feature is still present on the web player but in the new 0.9.8 version for the desktop I can't find it anymore.

Here is an example: https://play.spotify.com/album/0K0GkPXv2KUpMIT6ugMkAs

The button is in the right.

SUGGESTED POSTS