Re: Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

yajtyler
Composer
since I've had it I've only experienced problems../:
-Jay

mutantdog
Roadie

Its been a while since i've posted anything on here. Still using 0.8.5 and still fairly happy with it. This update however feels like the one that maybe could change my mind. I am genuinely missing some of the new features like follow (which i've always said i prefer over the old fb friends system) and discover. Both of these i can and do use on my phone occasionally.

But 0.9.6 still looks like an ugly bodge of an app, i've tried it on my spare laptop and thats enough for me. This sleeker 0.9.8 look however, when these bugs are ironed out, will probably be enough for me to want to move on and catch up with the rest of you all. With collection and 1.0 round the corner I hope something truly great is looming.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Fidelio
Music Fan

After downloading 0.9.8 from a forum elsewhere, I tried it for no more than 5 minutes, and switched back to 0.9.6.  It's very hard on the eyes!

ruccola
Roadie

@Fidelio wrote:

After downloading 0.9.8 from a forum elsewhere, I tried it for no more than 5 minutes, and switched back to 0.9.6.  It's very hard on the eyes!

Yeah I agree, it's too dark. I don't mind a dark theme, but this is pretty hard on the eyes. I like the rest of the new layout though, I only want them to go through the colours one more time.

o-l-a-v
Roadie

0.9.8 is a step in the right direction. White stuff is gone, ui is cleaner. But there are some stuff that are worse.

Good:

- White is gone

- Cleaner UI

Not good:

- Too dark UI. Hard for eyes, hard to read

- Too big font/ padding. 0.9.6 was bad enough, i remember it got bigger spacing because "support for chinese characters". But the new padding style is just rediculous. 1080p screen, at a maximum it shows 24 songs in Spotify. Old one (pre 0.9) had atleast twice as many.

- Make the different UI elements more easy to destinguish. Everything kinds of floats in to each other.

Bugs:

- Right clicking icon in taskbar does not show a menu like before. To close i therefore must use "FILE"-menu inside spotify client. 

brudy
Roadie

Bug in 9.8 - It's semi-random but the first song on albums won't play when I click on the play button next to it. Simply nothing happens. It's inconsistent, and sometimes clicking play on the album cover will play it, sometimes not. Very strang.e

yajtyler
Composer
they should give us the option to choose between a white out black ui like in the settings. just an idea?
-Jay

Nick_H

I wonder why you guys still did not make a mini player mode. I'd like to see what's playing without switching my windows all the time. I also don't want to install third party apps to achieve this. I see you're digging dribbble ( http://dribbble.com/shots/1374352-Brighter-Spotify ) so digg this too please http://dribbble.com/shots/941217-Mini-Player?list=searches&tag=mini_player

JavierS
Regular

@Nick_H Hey Nick! I'm working on a Windows application that lets you apply themes to Spotify. Would you like to talk?

Developer of Unofficial Spotify 0.9.8 Installer.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

@JavierS I'd like to talk! :D

As you can see from the link in my signature (Spotify Skin Gallery) I've tried to change the Spotify skin in the past already.

Would be cool if you could manage to change it! You got it working already? You can also send me a Private message. ;)

MarcoRock Star 28
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS