Repeat one song button is gone!!!!!!

Solved!

Repeat one song button is gone!!!!!!

nycarey2017

For some reason the last week I am unable to repeat one song I am not sure what is wrong but I am a premium member and should not be having these problems. I pay monthly so I have the option and now it is taken away from me and I am not okay with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Shaun_Yap
Gig Goer

Hello @nycarey2017, and welcome to the Spotify community.

Let's get your problem rectified so you can get back to enjoying your music.

When you were trying to repeat the song, was it on a playlist, an album, or from an artist's playlist or was it a radio/daily mix playlist?

Looking forward to helping you keep your favourite track on loop

Ready to help you get back to distraction-free listening

View solution in original post

62 Replies

kalen0913
Casual Listener

I almost never bother posting but this is literally the stupidest change I’ve seen Spotify do. Please put that button back where it was, I don’t want to shuffle the **bleep** thing! 

tindomiel13

I have no idea why Sporify thought the one button they should keep most prominent on the UI is the shuffle button. I know nostalgia is supposed to be very "in" these days, but nobody was feeling nostalgic for the good ol' days before they had Premium.

This is the stupidest design choice and they better roll it back ASAP. This is a deal-breaker.

Batman1414
Casual Listener

Hi I understand your problem and had the same difficulties.

The solution: go to the top right of the song screen with the three dots. It should pull up a new screen and the repeat button should be available on that screen, just under the song.

Seamaerise

I found the option to repeat. If you tap the ( ... ) on the now playing page, it’ll be in the window that pops up! Not missing at all, they moved it!! ♥️🤙🏻

y1m1od-f_hlh
Casual Listener

This is so stupid and inconvient.  This is a step backward in the interface.  Please, put the repeat button back on the cover album screen!!!!!!  It's doesn't make sense to take the button away.....move buttons around if you have to, but bring back the repeat button!!!!!

ukgeowhi
Casual Listener

I don’t know if this has been posted already. But to make your song loop.

Click the song you want

Put it full screen (so you can see the song cover) 

Click the three dots in the top right hand corner 

Click the loop function in the middle

Happy listening 

ukgeowhi
Casual Listener

I don’t know if anyone has replied this, but to repeat just a single song. Click the song you want in the search bar, load the song so it’s in full view (can see the icon for the song). There should be the three dots in the top right hand corner. Thereon you can click the repeat function in the middle. 

Enjoy your music!

Miriekenra
Casual Listener

I also just found that out and i am also a premium member. 

But then I found it again... 

you can still play playlist and so on on repeat..

just click on a song and then you’ll see 3 dots in the top right Corner. When you click  on these you’ll be able to repeat the song / let the playlist play non stop. 

34F3C250-562B-4C56-A910-791A61416F75.png

Tuffakillen06
Casual Listener
Thanks for the info!

Tuffakillen06
Casual Listener
  • Im having the same issue, im likley gonna drop my subscription

WallaceUgulino

I AM REALLY UPSET WITH THE REMOVAL OF REPEAT ONE. 

melcutone
Casual Listener

It’s still there. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and then tap the repeat button twice. 

A6341D32-A289-4B2F-836C-B3897BF69AF3.png
17ED247E-95B3-4A57-8933-3AEA7A971280.png

kche8663

This is dumb. Why would you move the button?? It doesn't save any more space than when you could click between shuffle and repeat.

REINSTATE IT BACK TO WHERE IT WAS. 

Miriekenra
Casual Listener
I know I also find that dumb as **bleep** .. no one want to shuffle... I want to repeat songs or make sure that my playlist will play again and again and again...
I just don’t understand why they did that...
xx

Thenightmare21
Casual Listener

I have one problem with this and it’s just on my phone not my laptop from the early 2000s and not my iPad from 2013 just my iPhone. Fix it.🙄

Thenightmare21
Casual Listener

Same for me I can’t even play the right songs I want it shuffle and songs play that are not in that playlist how dose that work plus can’t even replay any playlist and I have primium so 

I should not be having these problems my family has them to so fix you app. Sinserly thenightmare21

m09g-57_3f89c
Regular

I have lost the repeat function on apple desktop. I downgraded from premuim and deleted the app from my phone because it was no longer worth the space. May be the same case on desktop given the functionality changes.

All 2018 it seems the Spotify team has been making strange decisions which I can no longer enjoy -- not for $10 and not for free.

I was active during the Kazaa/Napster era and I know what freedom feels like. Spotify once was an easy medium but Pandora and the RADIO are looking real good.

rmarfil3

Everything has been very, very annoying lately. At first I put it off as just casual reskinning, but before you know it, every feature you actually use -- GONE!

What in the **bleep** is going on, in order to Repeat One a song, I have to reopen the triple dot twice because it hides after every click!

Searching for songs is now a hassle. Albums and playlists are hidden very well they almost don't want us to find them!

Not very happy.

23wangc
Casual Listener

I lost the repeat song function from when I search a song on spotify. Shuffle and repeat buttons are replaced by thumbs up and thumbs down. I listen to Spotify via my Sonos One speakers and can no longer to tell Alexa to play a song from Spotify and ask her to put the song on repeat, nor can I easily put the song on repeat without adding it to a playlist. I don’t want to always add songs to a playlist. 

Prior to this problem, I’ve had an issue with the song that I searched continuously replaying without playing other songs from the radio. Spotify needs to fix these issues so users who pay for premium can get what they want, whether it’s repeating a song from search/song radio, or hearing different songs. 

For now bring back the repeat song option when playing songs from song radio or search! This is very annoying. 

DanielAlsaker

I had the same problem. It just took me a little clicking around and I found the button! It’s inconvenient, but they’ve simply just changed the design a little it seams. 

My images show how you get there. 

1. Click the song to make it bigger.

2. Click the three dots (...) at the right upper corner.

3. Click the repeat button.

97478AFB-387D-4638-AC64-0397BD2A0B25.jpeg

E8C719A8-3709-493C-BF85-A6A71F057CBD.jpeg

E067C2BB-8C5B-4718-AD07-F6B32F163616.jpeg

I do not know why they’ve hid the button this well.. but this works! 

Kempy211

Premium user, android, updated spotify 8.4.94.817, there is no song repaeat button, stupid idea to get rid of it

SUGGESTED POSTS