Free

Country

USA

Device

PC, Android

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My entire playlist is comprised of local files. I've added local files to my playlist across different PCs. The problem is that I'd have to download songs I've acquired from the other PCs in order to play them on one that originally didn't have them. To save up on space and overall clutter in my harddrive, is it possible to save all my local files to a cloud server? That way, I can play them on any device, at anytime?

4 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC, Android

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My entire playlist is comprised of local files. I've added local files to my playlist across different PCs. The problem is that I'd have to download songs I've acquired from the other PCs in order to play them on one that originally didn't have them. To save up on space and overall clutter in my harddrive, is it possible to save all my local files to a cloud server? That way, I can play them on any device, at anytime?

Hey @user-removed,

Currently, it's not possible to access cloud files directly from the Spotify app, and we don't have any plans to implement this feature in the near future, as explained here.

We're always trying to include more and more features to improve the overall Spotify experience, so if something isn't available right now, it might be in the future.

Hope that helps! 

In that case, is it possible to share my playlist with others via a URL and/or some other method? That way, they can just download all the songs I have on their own computer.

My playlist is made up of only local files.

Hi @user-removed!

You could share your playlists that are made out of local files by making them public but other people would not be able to listen to them because they don't have those local music files from your computer. It's not possible to share music that you own (local files) with other people using Spotify.

Hope this helps. 

Suggested posts