Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scratched Record?

Scratched Record?

So I'm listening to music while drawing, when suddenly the song I'm listening to repeats a part a few times. It was like when there was a scratch in a record, and it just plays the last 2 seconds over and over. At first I thought I was crazy, but I quickly saved the last 5 minutes of my drawing with shadowplay, and listened to it, and no. It really just repeated the part a few times. I listened to the part over a few times, it hasn't done it again since. 

4 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Is this still happening? If so, can you give us some more info about this issue? Let us know:

• Does this happen when you reproduce any of your playlists?
  • Can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? 
  • Could you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?
We'll see what we can suggest.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi, I don't know exactly which update it started on, but it did only just
start a few days ago, and has happened a few times since then. I'm not sure
if it's just reacting weirdly to local music, or if I've just gotten lucky
and it hasn't skipped on online music YET. I'm not sure how else to word it
other than it repeats a small 1-2 second part of the song a bunch until I
pause the song and then hit play again. I haven't really noticed anything
specific happening to cause this though.

This is happening to me too. I run Windows 10 on  a Dell PC, a rather old one at that. This happens when I have Spotify playing in the background and work online with other things, like editing text in an application. The editor freezes for 1-3 seconds, and I cannot input antything, while Spotify repeats the same second over and over again. Then it continues playing like nothing happened.

I'm thinking this is some sort of timeout or buffering problem with the computer. Maybe this is a feature to keep playing the track?

Hey there @daha6439

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Do you mind sending us the URI of the song in question? This way we can take a closer look on our side as well. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Suggested posts