Screen not clearing on exit

Solved!
Highlighted

Screen not clearing on exit

Pierre99

Hi,

I'm on Spotify Unlimited vn 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 on a Windows 7 desktop PC. When I exit Spotify (either using file/exit or the X in the top right corner) it stops the process OK but fails to clear the screen.

I've tried reinstalling but that hasn't resolved it. It's not a major problem as the screen is refreshed when you open another program in full-screen mode but it is a minor niggle that looks like a programming bug.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Screen not clearing on exit

SoundMan
Music Fan

Press <F5> with the desktop having focus (click somewhere on the desktop where you know there are no icons), and this will cause the entire desktop to "repaint" and you won't have to scrub at anything.

This is still annoying.

View solution in original post

Solution!

isanderson

I have the same problem but F5 does not fix this annoying problem. I get the same thing on 3 different computers.

Solution!

Kaloy1007
Casual Listener

I've experienced this problems too but only when using Basic and Classic Themes under Windows 7. On Aero themes, this is not existing. Maybe because of Desktop Composition?

27 Replies

SoundMan
Music Fan

I'm on the latest release: 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b

When exiting spotify, it does not clear its "painted window", asking Windows to refresh whatever was underneath.  From the desktop I must press <F5> to do a desktop refresh.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with the latest service packs and updates, dual monitor, nVidia card, 8 gigs ram, gigabyte motherboard, Q6600 processor.

This has been going on for a long time and there seems to be no proper place to submit bug reports.

popwide
Regular

I have the exact same issue, I quit Spotify but a frozen version of it remains on my screen. If I scrub the entire windows with another apps window or explorer windows it rubs it out. Its starting to get boring now, please help fix the issue.

Solution!

SoundMan
Music Fan

Press <F5> with the desktop having focus (click somewhere on the desktop where you know there are no icons), and this will cause the entire desktop to "repaint" and you won't have to scrub at anything.

This is still annoying.

saintjason
Regular

Yeah come on now. This is annoying. A couple of updates haven't fixed this issue.

I realise this could be graphics card/driver related but I'm running official WHQL nVidia drivers and work with 3D applications which are running fine.

I'm not about to start messing with drivers to cure a graphics issue with my music software. 

1member
Casual Listener

I have the same issue. Every time i close Spotify, the screen fails to clear. I know its possible to use F5 to refresh, but thats not a permanent solution to this problem. Also, this has been reported almost a year now, and Spotify updates almost once a day - how come this is not fixed?

Any Spotify support personell reading this, or are they too busy counting our money?

::

popwide
Regular
I updated to Win10 and no issues, I know that doesn't help. I feel your
pain, it started to do my head in. No idea why this issues is not resolved
maybe they figure people will upgrade eventually and the problem will go
away.

limeychiney

Just logged in to say "Me too". I've got an 2010 vintage ASUS laptop running Windows 7. The snap shot of the Spotify window remaining on screen after closing the application has been happening for as long as I can remember having Spotify. I would open another full size window to "clear" it. At least after reading this thread, I've learned that F5 works to refresh the desktop. 

billythekid420
i have the same issue

davi1td
Casual Listener

How pathetic, 14 months later and still the same, and no, saying hitting F5 to refresh is not a solution, its work around. 

SUGGESTED POSTS