Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search UI broke?

Search UI broke?

Whenever i used the search function in the past, the layout when looking at albums or playlists was more similar to my library or my home, with a grid like layout with several results per row. See the image attached with the search for "darktide" (provided by a friend)
However now all my results are appearing in a list layout instead, as you can see in the attached image with the search "hyperdemon". And i cannot find any button or setting to flip it back to normal. This is happening to ALL my search results. So top results, playlists, albums, etc.
How can i fix this?

wrong.PNG
correct.png
10 Replies

Plan 

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2015

Operating System

Monterey 12.6

My Question or Issue

Yesterday evening the music search results display changed on Spotify. Previously (when choosing 'songs' on the top bar), the artist, song, album and time duration were shown. Now there is just the cover art, artist and song but no album title or time duration. Many artists/bands have issued various different recordings of their music and the album title (and whether it is an expanded version) and time duration are easy to read indicators of which recording it is. Now, to be sure of the version you have to click into the song to investigate further. This is an unnecessary removal of easy to see useful information. It's annoying. Is there any way of reverting to how the results were previously listed?

Hey @Harlington-Straker,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!
Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing?
We can still view all categories on our end, namely Song, Artist, Album & Duration.
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

P.S. 

As a first troubleshooting step, please try removing your cached data as shown in this article and let us know if this changes anything.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also having this problem, really would like it fixed. Used to see offical spotify playlists and stuff when searching for an artist and now just get this which is not good.

spotify.PNG

Its still correct on the web player for reference, as you can see I can see the artists some offical playlists (more importantly the everything playboi carti) and some of their popular songs, this is much better. Please tell me this is a bug and not a change because its a terrible change if so.

spotifygood.PNG

hi there, I agree - I've got this issue too. It makes Spotify almost unusable for classical music as you simply can't see what the duration is and so which movement etc it is at first glance. Also impossible for jazz as you can't tell if it's an extended version or a radio cut etc when there are lots of different releases of the same track and artist. I can now only see 10 search results to a screen where previously there was about 30. There is a huge swathe of unused screen to the right now too so I don't really understand why it's been done!

I've tried the deleting cache but unfortunately doesn't work

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-12-05 102740.png

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iMac

Operating System

MacOS 10.15.7

My Question or Issue

I've talked to Spotify support about this over the weekend and it had them stumped. They suggest I post it on the Community site where the correct team would see it. 

I have two premium accounts they are about a week old now and once the free trials run out I plan to make a Premium Duo account with them.

On the second account I made i'm getting very different search results in the desktop app. I'm only getting a short basic list of results and not the usual detailed page. Settings for both accounts are exactly the same in the app. The second account has normal search results on the web app.

It's driving me crazy. Has anyone come across this and maybe knows how to fix?

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 16.13.16.png
Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 14.18.18.png

The first screenshot is the first account where all is normal. The second showing the basic results in the second account with no All button and a Top button.

Hello everone,

Thank you for your replies! This is currently a test we are running to try out different layouts for the UI. We constantly try out new features to improve our app and service. All your feedback on the subject is very appreciated.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

wholeheartedly agree with this. I too no longer have time duration in search results, this makes for a terrible UI for something that has been the norm for a long time.  As noted above, this was essential information in tracking and finding specific versions of a song. 

Screenshot 2022-12-14 161438.jpg

Hi Joan, thanks for the feedback - is it going to get rolled back to the previous UI - or at least give users the option of how to display? Seems pretty universally unpopular! Thanks so much

Hi Joan,  This is a really horrible update in that it removes both the capabilities and the information previously available in search results.  Please please please revert to the previous version.  Thank you.

Suggested posts