Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Select output sound device

Solved!

Select output sound device

So, I am starting to think Spotify is trying to kick my **bleep** out...

I need the option to select my output audio device because I want to output Spotify to a HT, without outputing the Windows and other notification sounds there.

I have followed instruction, and voted for the feature here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Select-default-Sound-Device/idi-p/5351

All was going well, but lately, Spotify seems to be making a big effort to migrate to Windows 10 App, wich won't allow me to create the darn shortcut with parameters.

I have a FullSetup.exe that installs the standard desktop version, but every once in a while, Spotify migrates itself to the Windows 10 App version.

So Spotify, please migrate to Windows 10 Apps with the "beta Device Selector" (it's working alright, trust me), or leave me be in the the standard desktop app.

Thanks 😉

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andrevalves, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help out.

Try opening the Windows Store app > Click your profile icon in the top right corner and select Settings > Under “App updates” disable the toggle under “Update apps automatically."

After that, you can reinstall the app and install the version from our site.

Let us know if that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @andrevalves, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help out.

Try opening the Windows Store app > Click your profile icon in the top right corner and select Settings > Under “App updates” disable the toggle under “Update apps automatically."

After that, you can reinstall the app and install the version from our site.

Let us know if that helps.

Thank you Sergio!

I have disabled Windows Store automatic updates, as you suggested. I hope Spotify will stay still now... (y)

However, the download links on the site points to the Windows Store app, the one wich downloads an EXE, is a Web Installer of the Windows Store version 😐

So I came here and downloaded an earlier FullSetup. Everything looks fine for now. I'll test for a few days and then I'll come back to update. 

In the meantime, why not release a feature so useful, that's already implemented and working good? It's quite hidden in the Advanced Settings anyway, almost dumb proof 😉

Hey @andrevalves.

We're glad to hear everything is working fine so far, and hope it continues to do so.

We'll gladly pass your feedback on to the right team about this one, but feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts