Germany

Device

PC App 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Shuffle Button has no function.

DLudds_0-1670919016372.png

No matter, whether the button is green with a dot under it or gray/white. The playlist is neither shuffled nor ar the tracks on the playlist played in any random order.

I restarted the PC and Spotify App. As far as I can see, I use the most recent app version.

5 Replies

Hey @DäLudds,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you let us know if you're experiencing this on all of your playlists? 

In the meantime, it's a good idea to disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software that might be affecting the app. Make sure also to turn off any VPN (if in use).

If you still experience this, to try remove the host files on your device. Head here find out how.

On another note, do you notice the same behavior while using  the web player 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

No VPN active.

Host-file empty.

Same on WebPlayer and WinPlayer.

Can't disable AV software - business pc. ... tried on home pc - no change with AV disabled.

I don't use "playlists" as they take to much effort to build up and are limited. There is no option "add everything from these artists to playlist".

Therefore, if I have to select the music anyway, I usually go to the artist(s) page(s), select an album and click on "Zur Warteschlange hinzufügen" (must be "add to queue" or something like that) . That way I add 2-10 Albums to my queue. 

Then I want to listen to all tracks in the "Warteschlange" in random order. I activate "shuffle", but it has no effect.

I tried to activate "shuffle" before I add the albums but that does not change anything.

Hey @DäLudds,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you please let us know if you're experiencing any of the following as well:

• queue disappears;
  • play button is not responsive;
  • song screen goes black.

In case you're, it's worth mentioning that right now we have an Ongoing issue that's under investigation about that. We'd recommend to go ahead and check this thread.

On another note, if your issue doesn't fall under what's described in the thread, could you let us know which source you used to download Desktop App? If you have downloaded from the Windows Apps store, could you try getting it from our web site and vice versa?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

Hi again,

looks like my problem has nothing to do with the link you posted. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app - no change.

I downloaded the app from the Spotify donwnload page.

BTW: this is how my now playing list looks after repeatedly pressing the "shuffle" button ... 3 albums, not shuffled at all:

DLudds_0-1671109957726.png

Hi there @DäLudds,

Thanks for the info. From what we now know, what you're describing is expected behaviour, because you're using "Add to Queue" option. When you add things to the queue, it puts them in the exact order you added them in and that's how they play. You can also drag the songs around if you want to adjust the order. The purpose of the queue is that you get to choose the  sequence of songs. Shuffle has no effect on the queue. If you would like to have an option to play everything in the queue on shuffle, then consider checking out this idea about that very feature. Since you mentioned this before, here's also one about adding everything from an artist to a playlist here.

When you play a playlist or album with shuffle on, then the songs will be randomized. Even then, if you open the queue, you can see the order shuffle has created for you and you can rearrange the songs if you wish. Also if you would like to play a random selection from any specific artist's entire catalog, just look them up in the search and click the play button next to their name. That will play from all the songs that artist has on Spotify. Some artists also have their own Complete Discography playlists, so you can look out for those, even use them to curate your own playlists. 

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts